Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Thinking of You

 As promised, here is design #5 and that means I am more than half-way done. I had hoped to make 9 designs X 2 for a total of 18 cards. I think I can do it!  I decided to switch gears and go for a vintage design. I fell in love with these Graphic 45 papers I saw when I went to pick up some more foam squares. Is it any surprise that I came home with new paper?  It reminded me of a card I made a year or more ago, so I used the same elements. You can see the card here. It is one of my favorite cards that I have ever made. Of course this particular sketch required fewer bells and whistles and I wanted to keep the integrity of the design, so I kept it simple.
 Again, I used a Mojo Monday sketch. This one is a little bit older. I printed it out in the hopes of using it when it was new, but it sat and sat and sat. I was glad to put it to good use. This card is "different" if you know what I mean. I don't know if it would appeal to everyone, but I think it has its place in her set.  I really have a "thing" for the black butterflies. I guess I am weird.
 All of the circles were either punched or die-cut which made it easy.  I used to constantly have to use my Coluzzle; does any one remember that thing?  I am so glad to have die-cuts. My cuttlebug has been getting a serious workout these last few days!  The flower was also punched. It is a Martha Stewart punch and is one of my favorites. The sentiment is from the "Autumn Abundance" set from PTI, but I use it all the time.
As I mentioned before, I really wanted to keep the minimal integrity of the sketch, so I refrained from using ribbon. It was hard, but I did it. I wanted to add some fiber of some sort, so I did some machine stitching up the side and along the top on the other card. You can see that in the top photo. I finished my next design so I am  confident that I will make my deadline! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

The side stitching makes it look like a book. :)

Anonymous said...

How cute and yes, I love black butterflies!