Monday, March 21, 2011

Fancy Buttons

I know that I am feeling good when I sit down and stamp just for fun and for no particular reason! I wanted to use my "Button Boutique" stamp set, so I just used the paper that was already on my desk from my last creation and got to work. I chose to use the "fancy buttons" header for my button card, so I had fun looking through my button stash for some "fancy" buttons. I really like the green one with the gold around the center. I don't own the die cut for the button card, so I just punched a hole at the top to mimic the "off the rack" look. I also found that if you pair a small hole punch with the slot punch from SU! you can also get the same look as the die cut.


I actually threaded all of the buttons onto the card, just as you would find them at the sewing store. I found it easier to do it that way rather than sit and tie thread around each button and then glueing them down. If I recieved this card, I don't know if I would have the heart to actually take all of the buttons of and use them, but I hope that whomever recieves this card will use them, if they are crafty!



In the end, I added the " cute as a button" sentiment and decided to add it to my baby stash. There are a rash of babies due in the neighborhood really soon, so it will nice to be prepared. I am working on a quilt that this particular card could actually work with. I have been working on it slowly, but surely, but mostly slowly! LOL! I was making an effort to sew one row each day, but I haven't worked on it for a few weeks now. It is on my "craft to-do list", though! I actually crossed three things off last week! Yay me! I won't tell you how many are still left, though. Oh well....Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. I had a comment from someone saying that my blog is hard to read with the current format. This isn't the first time I have heard this, so I am going to work on getting it a little bit easier to read. I have also missed adding my banners to the title, so stay tuned for a change!

8 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

So cheery and colourful Kelly! Love your button selection too :)

Stef Perry said...

What a sweet card!! As usual, I am amazed and in awe of your use of dp with just the perfect coordination of colors and designs. I love your decision to make it a baby card...perfect.

Kathy Martin said...

I'm lovin' this!

Michelle Quinno said...

This is so pretty!!

Shelli Deckard said...

Hi Kelly! Adorable card~~Congrats on the new baby! Hope your feeling well!

Hugs~~

Missy said...

This is so cute, works perfectly for a baby card. And possibly the first time I have seen the button tag on a card. Great job. TFS!!!
I have list of lists. I need to get busy but with no mojo I am stuck.

My Little Hobby said...

I like the button card! I just scrolled through your splitcoast gallery and am excited to try out some of your Stampin' Up designs on there! You seriously are one of my all time favorites, Kelly. {Plus your name is quite nice.} Best of luck with your pregnancy too!

Mike Richard said...

Your blog is very much good. I am very much impressed by your blog content; I also come across number of sites, you can also check these are also very much useful for everyone. Like Custom Buttons