Tuesday, March 8, 2011

All Star Coach

Last Saturday was my son's last basketball of the season so of course that means coaches gifts! My husband was the assistant coach so I really only needed one. In "Kelly" fashion, I was running a bit behind so I had to make something quick! I always do the same thing for my son's coaches. I go to the dollar store and get the large plastic popcorn bucket and fill it with microwave popcorn, candy, etc. I always include a Blockbuster gift card to continue with the theme. Well....I didn't end up by getting the gift card; apparantely Blockbuster is up for bid and so they can't sell any giftcards so they know where their assets are. ughhh!



I had to *quickly* make a card, which kindof bugged me because I wanted to be able to relax and take my time. Anyway, PTI stamps and dies to the rescue! For as much as I love banners I had to have PTI's Banner Builders stamp set and coordinating dies! I got it when it was first released and this is the first time I have used it! Shame on me!



I started off by picking the paper; I chose to use some old SU! paper, but it was perfect! The bright colors were just what I wanted. After I did that, I die cut all of the pieces and then stamped each one with a different design. The letters are from a really old PSX set that I love! They fit perfectly, all except the "H". The string image that came with the set was too small for 5 banner pieces so I just arranged them like I wanted and then used crochet thread tied in a bow and glued to each end. It worked out well. The #1 and "All Star" sentiment are from su!


P.S. I want to take this time to thank all of you who stuck by me during my many weeks of morning sickness and fatigue! I really feel like a brand new person; actually, I just feel like *me* again, which is great! I was really starting to worry whether my desire to do much of anything would ever return, but it is here... full force! Thanks again and stay posted this week for some fun St. Patty's day projects!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better now :) Your card is fabulous! Love the banner and I'm sure the coach will love it. My hubby coaches soccer and I know how much a word of appreciation means.

Tanya said...

This is fabulous!
It didn't occur to me to do a coach gift, but I totally thought of you at my PTA- teacher appreciation meeting last week! :)
Glad you're "back"! nice to know there's an end in sight!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is a perfect card for a coach! I love all of the details.
Glad to hear that you are feeling yourself again.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing well. I have a pregnant neice and a pregnant friend, one doing great, the other suffering monring sickness through probably the entire pregnancy! Love your card!

Missy said...

So fun!!! I am surprised to hear about Blockbuster.
We are going to be signing up our boys for baseball this month. Looking forward to it since my middle one will be experiencing this for the first time.
Glad to hear you are over the morning sickness. Wish I could catch some of your get up and go though.

Stef Perry said...

Glad you are feeling better, Kelly! It's hard to be inspired to create when one doesn't feel "well" or is tired. I don't often comment, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE each and every one of your cards that you share. Thank you so much and hang in there! BTW, this is an adorable and memorable card the coach should really appreciate!!

My Little Hobby said...

This mini banner card really grabs my eye with the colors and the pennants. I love it!