Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thankful

When I made my *Spooky* Banner, I moved my *Autumn* banner into my kitchen to hang from my china hutch. It looks so great there, I didn't want to move it. It also gave me an excuse to make yet another banner. I have so much fun making these, especially this one because of the fun colors and patterns. I am proud that I didn't even go to the store once to purchase anything for this banner. I just used things I had in my stash and it ended up being perfect. I looked through my stash of K& Company papers and just grabbed ones that seemed like Autumn to me, even though they weren't necessarily meant to go together. I added two different images from Crafty Secrets. The funny thing about the image below is that the turkey has a sign coming out of his pumpkin cart that says "Eat Pizza". It got covered up with the chipboard letter, but I thought that it was funny!
As you can see, I patterned this one almost exactly after my *Spooky* Banner. Instead of the crepe paper ruffles, I used some vintage lace. My chipboard letters were first painted using Making Memories Scrapbook Paint, then glittered using some gold SU! glitter. You should have seen the glittered mess I cleaned up yesterday after I was done. I was actually glittering myself. I had to run to the grocery store, and I couldn't look anyone in the face, because I knew I was sparkling.

I wish I would have gotten this one done a little earlier, since Thanksgiving is only a few short weeks away. I decided to make a pumpkin pie yesterday to get into the Thanksgiving spirit a little bit more. My house smelled so good and my family was thankful for the treat. I love Autumn so much! My kitchen and dining area have a beautiful Autumn glow coming in from the windows since all of the leaves on my 5 trees in the back have turned. I have a beautiful blanket of yellow leaves in the backyard that we will get to rake up. My kids love to rake the leaves. We usually make a huge pile for them to jump into each year. Unfortunately, my backyard neighbors find my trees the bane of their existence. I think this is the last year that we will have all 5.

I have some more baking to do today. I will be making some refreshments for the judges that will be coming to our school tonight to judge all of our Reflections contest entries. I also need to finish up their thank you cards as well. Thanks for fluttering by!

13 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

Gorgeous as usual Kelly! I adore your banners--they are so very special!

anya said...

Another beautiful banner! I am always so inspired.. and intimidated. :) One of these times I will give it a try!

Eveline said...

I love seeing new banners on your blog. This one looks beautiful too.
Eveline.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I love the reversed flag style on the banners Kelly! Fun warm colors!

Have fun with that raking!

katrynka said...

Very nice banner!

And I hope that you are not getting rid of a tree because of pressure from your neighbors? I can understand if there is a safety issue with the tree, but other than that, such is life. If you want to not have leaves in your yard, live in one of the pristine ticky tacky developments that do not have trees! I guess I have a bit of a soapbox about trees! We have a HUGE oak beside our house, and while we do make certain that there are no limbs scraping our neighbor's roof, and all the limbs are safe, I would never cut it down unless the tree was in danger of falling.

DeeDee said...

Sigh, This is GORGEOUS. It's time for me to make a banner. :)

Jessica said...

Gorgeous banner! I love the papers and colors and your rosettes are just beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kari D said...

LOVE this banner! SO GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for sharing.

jen said...

This is SO pretty! I don't know how you get those paper-flower accordians to stay put so well- I had to sew mine down! I might try hot glue?....
Enjoy your trees- ignore your neighbors! *wink*

Lori Craig said...

i'm always amazed when you post these banners - not at your abilities (that has amazed me for a long time) but just the sheer beauty of these decor elements that you are able to achieve. absolutely gorgeous. love the letters on top of the vintage tags. hugs!

purplestamper316 said...

Just fantastic! You inspire me to bigger & better projects :) As for the neighbors? What if you offered to rake *their* leaves too ? and took them cookies to enjoy while you did ? Just a thought :) <><

Melissa Rodgers said...

I always love to see what you have done next with your banners. I love your style and it truely inspires me. Where do you find such awesome vintage cards?

Cynthia M said...

Hi again. I really don't have the words to describe how beautiful this banner is with the sparkly letters, accordian flowers, vintage pieces and more. Just divine Kelly!! PS. I am now a follower of your blog. I clicked on some button and oila! I have no idea what it means and how to follow you but I'll let you know if I ever find out!! Hugs, my friend!!