Friday, August 21, 2009

School Days

My kids have been in school for over a month now, but it seems the rest of the world is gearing up for the anticipated "Back to School". I thought I would make a card in honor of this fun time. I actually love getting ready for school; new pencils, notepads, backpacks and especially taking a whiff of a new box of crayons. My daughter loves it when we lay on the floor and color together. I hope she hasn't caught on that I only do it when her crayons are sharp! LOL! I actually bought quite a few boxes since they are dirt cheap right now, so she should be getting lots of Mommy/Emma coloring time.




I chose my papers first; I picked up a new pack of yummy K&Co. paper. They are some of my favorites and I am anticipating lots of fun designs and projects made with them. September is on it's way which means leaves turning and cooler weather, so I chose some papers that seemed like the end of summer/ early fall. I used the Vintage School Days stamp set by TJ Designs. I mixed the design up with stamps and an image from the Vintage School Days Collage Pack. I originally spent time coloring in the "ABC" image, but in the end liked it better black and cream. I added a few other details to finish it off.
I couldn't be more happy with both of my kids teachers this year, so this will probably be sent off to school accompanied by a small treat or something.
I will be back tomorrow morning with a new SFYTT design. I know it will all shock you; two designs in two days! I really don't mean to have such long breaks between designs.
Thanks for fluttering by!

8 comments:

Elaine M said...

I love all your cards - but I have to tell you I am REALLY enjoying watching "Kelly's Baby" grow - what a great little addition to your blog. Thx for letting us share in this miracle!
Elaine Moore
mtn.moven.faith@comcast.net

Patti J. said...

Very cool card! Someone will feel very special when they receive it! Thanks for sharing... and ditto what Elaine said - I love seeing the growing baby!!! Keep us updated from time to time - we are all caring 'aunties' out here!

Unknown said...

SO PRETTY!! This creation is full of exquisite detail! Love it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

This is really sweet Kelly! Your paper choices are just perfect (I love K & Co. too). So, so special!

Amy Rohl said...

Just vintage fun, Kelly! Love the coloring story, and I just bought George new crayons, so I've been doing the belly on the floor coloring with him, too!

Denise Young said...

Its hard to believe your kids have been in school so long now. We are just getting ready to start here in Ohio. I love your papers too. Love your project- very pretty. Love the shabby/ vintage feel. PERFECTION!

Cynthia said...

You know how I love your vintage cards!! Love that new paper too! TJ really has some amazing sets - I love them all and they are lucky to have found you to pull it all together.