Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Two cards-Two Challenges



I was super busy yesterday, but I really wanted to participate in the color challenge over at SCS, so I made a card last night. The challenge was to make Yo-Yo Yellow look *good*! I had to laugh because I rarely use yo-yo yellow, so I was on board. I struggled with which stamps I could use that would pull off this challenge. I thought about birthday, because it is bright and fun, but opted for something a little more classy. I hadn't used Happy Harmony for a *long* time and thought it could use some love. The other two neutrals to use were going gray and basic gray. I had fun making this card. I think I *may* pull yo-yo yellow out a little more often.


My second card is for today's sketch challenge. When I saw the sketch, I knew a little mouse from The Saltbox Studio would be perfect. The set that I used is called Celebration Companion. It features this mouse and a variety of fun sentiments. I stamped the image with Brilliance Graphite Black ink and then punched it out with my large marvy circle punch. Since I was in the mood to continue using a bright yellow, I punched a marvy scallop with a yellow Amuse notecard and layered the circle onto that. I also used an Amuse notecard for the background polka-dot piece. I then colored the image with an assortment of Copic and Prismacolor markers choosing to bring in some other bright colors. It was from the image that I completed the card, choosing red and blue to make it pop. I added some stickles to the balloon and a few Amuse twinkle gems to bring the yellow into the card for consistency. I stamped the sentiment that is included in the Celebration Companion set and punched it out and raised it with dimensionals. I had a lot of fun using this sketch and these great images! Have you ordered yours yet? I hope so. I can't wait to see what you all come up with!!!!

4 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Kelly - both of your cards are great!!!

I absolutely love what you have done with th yoyo yellow - it's gorgeous!!!

The other card is so much fun...the colors are great and I like all the little details....

Anonymous said...

great cards kelly! i love your stamp choice for the yoyo yellow card--so pretty. and the colors for the balloon mouse one are just fab!

Unknown said...

i am so glad your blog is up and running! i am a huge fan of your gallery, so i immediately subscribed for email updates.

can i please list your site on my blogroll? just let me know....thanks!

Anonymous said...

Yoyo yellow to look good? Mission accomplished, Kelly! Both cards are fabulous. Love that little Saltbox Studio mouse.