Hello and welcome back for day 2 of full reveals for The Autumn Edit Collection from The Greetery! I'm so glad you're liking this beautiful new collection as much as I am! I have quite a bit to share today, but as always, you'll want to make sure you head to The Greetery Blog for the official "meet and greet" for all of today's featured products! One more thing before I dive into the details of today's projects, make sure to leave a comment here, and on each of the designers' blogs for a chance to win one of two $50.00 gift cards to the shop!
Up first are two cards using the new Hand-picked Harvest suite of products. This first card is the most basic of the two; it combines the Hand-picked Harvest Stencil and coordinating Hand-picked Harvest Embossing Folder. The next card steps it up a bit by adding in the Hand-picked Harvest Die; I wanted you to be able to see the difference between the two styles.
To begin, I stenciled an A7 sized panel of white cardstock using the Hand-picked Harvest Stencil. I chose cool blue tones and greyish green for a different feel.
Once the panel was stenciled, I trimmed it down a bit on each side and then embossed it with the Hand-picked Harvest Embossing Folder. There is a small empty space included on the design for you to add a sentiment. I decided to go a bit larger and use one of the sentiments included in the Simple Autumn Sentiments Stamp Set. I heat embossed it in gold and then cut it using the Shortbread Shapes Rectangle Labels.
I added some gold drip-drops on either end of the label secured with liquid glue. The finishing touch is an Antique Gold bow cut using the Regency Bow No 1 Die secured with a small piece of foam tape. I gave it a spritz of shimmer spray, but made sure to cover up the sentiment because shimmer spray on dark cardstock is hard to photograph. I layered it onto a 5 by 7 panel of blue cardstock and then glued it to a card base using liquid glue.
The next card uses the stencil, but then I cut everything out with the Hand-picked Harvest Die. Once the pieces were cut, I used the Hand-picked Harvest embossing folder to emboss the individual pieces.
Once all of the pieces were prepared, I got to work on the background. The benefit of cutting out the pieces is you can use whatever colored background you'd like. I chose to use Autumn Rose cardstock with Scarlet Jewel ink around the edges and then splattered the same ink and some white acrylic paint over the panel for added detail.
I used the large panel that the pieces were cut from to use as a placement guide to put everything back together. I popped the pieces up with foam squares for added dimension.
You could also use all of the individual pieces on their own for different arrangements or as accents on other projects.
I created the sentiment just like I did on the first card and then added a bow using the Regency Bow No 2 die. This card also got a spritz of shimmer spray and some glitter to the individual pieces for sparkle and shine.
My next card features the lovely new Wildwood Bouquet Die and the new Wildwood Bouquet Embossing Folder. There is a coordinating stencil set, but I didn't end up using it on this project. I DO have a beautiful panel all stenciled that will have to be used soon, though; it's so beautiful!
This card was inspired by THIS card I made back in the spring. I love the colors and the feel, so that is what guided my design choices for this card.
To begin, I die cut the main bouquet portion twice from white cardstock and glued it together with liquid glue. I added the ink using a blender brush and then spritzed it with fossilized amber distress oxide spray and let it dry.
I cut all of the flowers and buds from white cardstock as well and colored them, assembled them, and then added them to the bouquet with foam squares.
For the background, I cut a piece of blue cardstock and embossed it with the Wildwood Embossing Folder and then added white pigment ink over the top for a fun effect. I really like how it allows the details to pop. I foiled a panel of white cardstock using the Capsule Borders Hot Foil and then cut it using the Capsule Basics Die.
I used the same die to cut a smaller capsule mat and then embossed it with the same embossing folder as the background, added the Filigree Border and mounted it over the foiled panel. I layered it all up onto the background and then adhered the entire background to a 5 by 7 panel of woodgrain cardstock. The sentiment, which is from the new Simple Autumn Mini Sentiments, is heat embossed in gold onto Sweet Blush cardstock and adhered with foam squares.
And now...switching gears to something a little more spooky! Eep! How cute are the new additions to the Marketplace series? This new addition is called Eerie Avenue and is just as spooky sweet as can be! I used the Marketplace No 3 Die and the Arch Box Large Die to create the larger box and the Arch Box Small Die paired with the Marketplace Mini Die for the smaller box.
I chose to use the "Brooms & Blooms" shop name included in the Eerie Avenue Stamp Set so that is what prompted the accent choices. Since it's a flower shop, I pulled in the cute flowers and baskets from the previously released Marketplace Celebration Street Die, but I gave them a "spooky" vibe with the colors.
This box uses the same flowers and sentiment included in the new Simple Autumn Mini Sentiments embossed in silver.
I used the boarded up window pieces, cobwebs, & the Happy Halloween banner.
I really love cutting the windows out from the box as well so the recipient can add a battery-operated tea light if they like. I usually put one in the bottom (turned off) for the recipient anyway.
I mentioned in THIS post that I always like to make the large and small box so they can be packaged up together. I have a photo (not the best styling, just a quick picture) of two packaged in a flat-bottom cello bag. I can't wait to package these Halloween ones up with some fun ribbon!
My last project just might be my favorite; the Eerie Avenue Stamp Set includes the "Pumpkin Spice Market" shop name and I couldn't resist getting right to work. This box uses the same large arch box (linked on the previous project) and the Marketplace No 1 Die. I cut the box and the main building shape from Honey Nut cardstock and added some shading around the edges and some brown ink splatter for a "pumpkin spice" effect.
The building's accents are all cut from Scarlet Jewel cardstock with the exception of the door. I like to use liquid glue to add all of the window frames so I have a little bit of wiggle room to get them places just right.
I also chose to use a banner cut from the Celebration Street Die (linked on previous project) with bows cut using the Marketplace Holiday Festoons Die. The wreath on the door is also from that same set.
The new Eerie Avenue Die comes with all kinds of pumpkin/jack-o-lantern options, but the trio of stacked pumpkins stole my heart for this project. I also added some of the same flowers from the window boxes. I was toying around with adding some pumpkins to the larger windows/boxes which would also be fun.
When it was all said and done, I want to GO to this shop, or rather own it and live at the top! ha ha! I had so much fun with all of today's projects!
Thanks for fluttering by!
p.s. don't forget to leave a comment here, and on each of the designers' blogs for a chance to win one of two $100 gift cards to the shop.
p.s. don't forget to leave a comment here, and on each of the designers' blogs for a chance to win one of two $100 gift cards to the shop.
Kelly Lunceford (you are here)
31 comments:
WOW WOW WOW! The layers and texture of your cards is incredible! I LOVE how you did the houses!
Each card is perfection. I adore the Wildwood products, they are amazing.
Lovely cards!
These are all so amazing! I appreciate all of the detail and texture in your cards. Simply gorgeous!!
Ohhhhhhh Kelly...your cards and houses are ALL FABULOUS! I absolutely LOVE your Wildwood Bouquet card with the soft blues...sooooo pretty! And your houses are totally giving me all kinds of fun ideas, and I especially LOVE the last house that looks so warm and cozy with the beautiful Fall colors and that sweet little wreath on the door! You knocked this release out of the park my friend and thank you, thank you for all the wonderful inspiration! Hugs. :0)
You have outdone yourself--these are stunning!
Kelly! I LOVE the wildwood card!
Wow! Your cards are so inspiring! I just love all the textures and vivid colors.
Love your little treat boxes. You did a fabulous job on them! I think my favorite is the pumpkin spice one.
Pumpkin spice market gasp i have been waiting for this...absolutely fabulous...i camt wait
OMGoodness! So many beautiful creations! Love the gourds and pumpkins in the blues and then in that scarlet! WOW! The Eerie Avenue is so cute too! But my heart simple adores that Wildwood Bouquet, stencil and dies. OH. My. Word. It is Glorious!!!
The wildwood card is my favorite. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing
Oh gosh! Your cards are so beautiful! I just love them all
Love, Love, Love it all! Your work is so beautiful and those houses are amazing!
Beautiful cards! Love your color combos!
Oh gosh! What to say to describe your creativity?! The house in the cello bag with bow knocked it outvof the park!
Well I'm officially in love with the Autumn houses- well done Kelly! And of course the lovely Wildwood floral card caught my eye, as well as the blue pumpkin! Wonderful release!
Oh my Ghord! Your inspiration is stunning! You have really out done yourself! It’s so hard to pick a favorite but I must go with the Wildwood floral card. The florals just jump out with the added dimension and the textured background along with the color palette is so lovely Thank you so much for pouring your heart and talent into your cards. It definitely shows!
Outstanding! You really brought those flowers to life. And your houses are spectacular!
Amazing cards! I’m loving all the blue and pinks in fall cards! While I do love traditional fall colors, blue, purple and pink added in just work! The wildwood set is my favorite, but the Eerie Ave is also fabulous!
Kelly your Wildwood Bouquet card is just the inspiration I need for a wedding card in two weeks! It is so elegant, but also colorful. Thank you. It’s stunning!
The orange marketplace card is so beautiful (actually every card is gorgeous)! I love the color choice on it. Perfect fall card.
Another batch of exceptional projects!
Wonderful projects, Kelly! But your Eerie Avenue Market Place houses are AMAZING!!
The shading, gradient and choice of color on the wildwood bouquet is stunning! I love it all!
Your cards are fabulous! I love the whole release but I really need Eerie Avenue to make treat boxes with my Arch Box dies. Love your pumpkin spice version!
I love your Market Place houses in both the Halloween and the fall colors!
I love the fun houses, and the pumpkin spice one is brilliant.
Love everything you did with the Wildwood Bouquet set! It needs to be framed in a shadow box!
Your Wildwood Bouquet is over the top gorgeous! Love all of your makes for this release!
Wow, I'm always blown away when I visit your blog! Amazing cards and gorgeous color choices. Great inspiration!!
Post a Comment