Friday, November 3, 2023

The Greetery {Season of Thansgiving}


Hello friends! It’s Kelly and I’m so happy to be here today sharing one last Thanksgiving card for the season! I had so much fun pulling out all kinds of leaf dies in my BotaniCuts stash and inking them up in autumnal hues for a warm, glowing card! Autumn has arrived in all of her glory; Utah is truly putting on a show this year and it has been glorious to behold! I wanted to create a card that might capture just a hint of what we’ve been so lucky to experience!

To begin, I used the BotaniCuts: Wheat, Toadstool Garden, Mighty Oak, and the Jumbo Curiosity Buckeye Leaf die to die cut all of the pieces I used for the focal point. I used sponge daubers and Distress Oxide inks to color them and then I set them aside to work on the background. I’m absolutely in love with the Herringbone Parquet Die die and used it to die cut an A2 panel of Kraft cardstock. I added gathered twigs and walnut stain Distress Oxide inks around the edges using a blender brush.
Once that was done, I stamped the arched portion of the sentiment, which is from the Thanks All Ways stamp set, using the same walnut stain ink. I also die cut an arch using the A2 Arches Die from Rustic Cream cardstock. I used this as the anchoring point for all of the foliage and the Thanksgiving sentiment.
I adhered the arch using foam squares and then had fun tucking foliage here and there until I was satisfied with the arrangement. I added the cute toadstools on each side for interest and variety. I stamped the remainder of the sentiment on a Kraft strip of cardstock and added it using foam squares as well.
I couldn’t resist giving the foliage and toadstools a hint of sparkle with glitter. My favorite way to add glitter is to use a 2-Way glue pen to draw where I want it to go, and then sprinkle it over the areas with glue. I added the entire card front to an A2 card base using my favorite liquid glue: Tombow Mono Multi.  Speaking of glue, are you in the mood for a bit of humor today? Last week was “crazy hair” day at school for my 4th grader. I found out the night before and had zero time to prep, so we went with an old stand-by: colored hair spray and large googly eyes attached all over the hair. Well….I didn’t have any washable glue on hand so I used Tombow Mono Multi glue!!! Let’s just say, he STILL might have globs of glue in his hair! LOL! That stuff REALLY works! I can rest assured that my cards won’t be falling apart! Ha ha! Anyway, that’s me just keeping it real for you all! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and please know how VERY thankful I am for each of YOU! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Cindy H. said...

What a gorgeous card! I just put that lovely Herringbone Parquet die on my wish list for sooner rather than later :) Awww your poor little guy - hope he gets all the glue out soon.