Sunday, July 23, 2023

Papertrey Ink July Release Day 3

I mentioned on day 1 that I would be sharing quite a few new cards using the Garden Blessings stamp set that I shared a sneak peek of on my Window Garden cards. Well, today is the day; all of the cards I'm sharing today use this beautiful new stamp set. 

My first card uses a potpourri of products, but I really like how it turned out. If you can't tell, I'm obsessed with the new June Surprise Box stencils and I used them again on this card.

The sentiment is stamped on the smallest sized die included in the new Love to Layer: Alluring Brackets die collection; it's the perfect size to add many of the sentiments included in the Garden Blessings stamp set.

I used the Into the Blooms: Geraniums die set to bloom all over the Picket Fence. I adore these beautiful flowers and they are so much fun to ink up.

There is another sentiment that I was toying around with using talking about friends overlooking broken fences and admiring the flowers in your garden. It was hard to pick, but in the end,  I chose this sweet sentiment instead.

My next card is a shadow box type card; I really love these large, bold sentiments, but I don't always want them to overpower the card. I decided to stamp the sentiment using StazOn ink on a sheet of acetate and sandwiching the flowers inbetween.

I die cut all of the pieces for the flowers using the Into the Blooms: Gerber Daisy dies (so many blooms got used for this release ha ha!) and inked them up using finger daubers and Distress Oxide inks. I glued them together and then arranged them on the card base until I was happy with the arrangement.

I glued the acetate directly to the scalloped frame and then layered it over the top using foam squares.

You could also try this same technique with white StazOn or even trying it with vellum for a softer look.

This would also be really fun to try as a shaker card. I was SO tempted, but the scallop frame would have made it a little tricky, so if I want to try it, I will definitely use a more solid frame.

My third card for today features another one of the largest sentiments in the set. I thought it would be fun to try and create a garden-sign type look. I also chose colors that fit with the wildflower theme.

I stamped two identical panels using the Weathered Wood Background stamp. I die cut one panel using the Psalm Reflections: February die. I popped the die cut piece directly over the first panel making certain to line it up precisely for a seamless look.

I used the Into the Blooms: Clover dies for the flowers and leaves; I used the clover diecuts to make some flowers rather than leaving them as clover,

It is really easy to create dimensional flowers from your die cuts; simply press a stylus into the center of your flower on a foam mat and it perfectly forms a dimensional bloom.

I added glitter to the flowers and leaves for sparkle and shine.

The focal panel is layered onto a top folding Pure Poppy card base that also has some texture and design by die cutting the background using the Border Bling: Lattice die.

My final card for today uses the new Into the Blooms: Poppies die collection. This is such a fun and easy to use die set. I love poppies so this was a fun card to make.

I used another one of the sentiments from the Garden Blessings stamp set; this time I used the smallest and middle sized Alluring Brackets.

The background was created using the Dotted Hexagon stencil collection; I really like how it accents the detail in the circle piece.

Join me tomorrow for the fourth and final day of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely! The flower sentiments are delightful!!

Marcia Hill said...

You do flowers like no one else Kelly...every one of your cards today is an absolute gem! The colors, the texture, the backgrounds...everything just SHINES on your cards and totally make me smile! You have such a gift...blessings my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Patti H. said...

Gorgeous cards, Kelly! I love the awesome coloring on the geraniums but the Poppy card is my favorite! You are a,wizard at coloring flowers!

Joan L said...

Just lovely!! I especially loved the geraniums on the picket fence!

Betty Neville said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning!