Friday, February 17, 2023

Papertrey Ink February Release Countdown Day 1

Welcome to day 1 of the Papertrey Ink February release countdown! I'm sharing two project today using some beautiful new products! Disclaimer: I either misplaced or was never sent the new Psalm Reflections: February stamp set, so I chose to use another sentiment being released this month and will be showcased in a few days. I am, however, using the beautiful new Psalm Reflections: February die set; it includes these two beautifully detailed panels that could be used for almost any occasion.

My card also features the beautiful new Ornate Swirls Hot Foil Plate. I chose to use gold foil on Sweet Blush cardstock to keep the warmth that the yellow flowers bring.

It took some experimenting to get it to foil perfectly; I found that 19 seconds on the middle heat setting worked perfectly. Please note: it DID overfoil in the middle, but I didn't mind since I knew I would be covering the middle up with the diecuts.

The sentiment is from the new Larger Than Life: Spring sentiment set that will be showcased in a few days.

I framed the sentiment with flowers and leaves from the Into the Blooms: II die collection and I die cut them from white cardstock and then colored them with Distress Oxide ink.

My second card for today also uses the new Ornate Swirls Hot Foil Plate paired with the new Vase Collection 15 stamp/die set.

This particular stamp set comes with coordinating sentiments that fit perfectly on the wash bucket.

There are 3 different sentiments that make this set very versatile.

This card also uses the new Love to Layer: Beautiful Brackets die collection that I  just love.

Join me tomorrow for day 2 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

4 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

These are both absolutely BEAUTIFUL Kelly and I'm totally loving the foiled backgrounds on both cards! Your flowers are so pretty on both cards too and are making me wish Spring was a lot closer than it really is here in the mid-west! Oh well, I can dream till then!! Hugs. :0)

Connie said...

Lovely cards, Kelly!
The foiled background looks so pretty, wish they had a stamp with that design.
Love all the elements in your projects.
Take care and have a wonderful day.

Becky Green said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the hot foiling plate, those flowers & the ornate die you used, Kelly! WOW! BOTH of your cards are GORGEOUS!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello. I love your cards. can you please tell me what die is used in the 4 corners of the purple card?