Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Papertrey Ink January Release Countdown Day 4

Well friends, it's the 4th and final day of the Papertrey Ink January release countdown! I have quite a bit to share with you today and up first is a card made using the new Psalm Reflections: January stamp/die set! I'm excited about this particular series because I studied Psalms last year and have been reading one chapter every day this year as well. They are such beautiful scriptures so it's fun to have stamps to make pretty cards with! 

There is a coordinating die to cut out the word 'Lord' and an impression die to make some sunrays coming out from each side of the word. I didn't use those because of the oval die I used, but they would be really pretty if you designed your card just right!

I also added a trio of leftover cherry blossoms from yesterday's card; they are so fun to color and put together!

I layered a panel of Enchanted Evening cardstock that was die cut using the On the Border: Floral Bliss Die over an A2 panel of the same cardstock for a tone-on-tone look. I also added some Dark Indigo ink around the corners for contrast.

Next up is a series of cards using some fun new products! This card features the new Welcome to the Neighborhood: On the Move stamp/die set. The sentiment on the moving truck is from the new Welcome to the Neighborhood stamp/die set!

A new family moved in around the corner so I thought it would be fun to personalize this card with their new house number. I stamped the 629 numbers using the Fancy Floral Numbers stamp set using Sweet Blush ink on Sweet Blush cardstock. I die cut them using the Fancy Floral Number dies.

I stenciled some clouds onto a white panel and then added the house numbers at the top. I layered the cute moving truck and moving boxes, furniture, etc. at the bottom.

My next card uses the bigger moving boxes included in the Welcome to the Neighborhood stamp/die set. I also paired it with the new Larger than Life: Home dies and coordinating sentiment set.

I added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the heart in the center of the O.


There is 3 different styles of boxes; I only used two for this card, and then there are a bunch of fun things to pack the boxes with.

My final card for today and for the release is one of my favorites; back when the Bring Home the Holidays dies were first released, I told Julie that they would be my new go-to house dies for all of my Welcome to the Neighborhood cards! Don't they look so cute with this cute moving truck?

To begin, I die cut all of the pieces from the Bring Home the Holidays die set; I didn't use most of the pieces, but I always like having options! I colored the hills using Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks and layered them over the top of a stenciled A2 panel using liquid glue.

I chose three houses to place here and there and then added the fences from the Welcome to the Neighborhood: On the Move die set. I also used the two pine trees to frame the yard.

The Welcome to the Neighborhood sentiment is from the new Welcome to the Neighborhood stamp set. I also used the new Larger than Life: Home sentiment stamp set for the truck. 

I layered all of the rest of the pieces using foam squares to finish it off. I love having a lot of welcome cards in my stash! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

4 comments:

JoAnn said...

Lovely cards. I really love the Psalms card. Can't wait to get that set. TFS

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness the first card is gorgeous, love those colors together,
I love the house card with the number of the address, so creative and the others are so cool too, great moving card ideas!

LAS said...

Beautiful! Could you please say what you have used for the pierced border for the third, gray card? Can hardly wait to get these sets!

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, these moving cards are PERFECT! My husband and I moved again (28th time). We down sized from the big southern home on Daniel Island, South Carolina to a small cottage style home just up the road in Summerville. It’s a lovely DelWebb development with lots to enjoy. Our entire street are new folks (mainly northerners) who moved here to enjoy our weather. What nicer way to say “hello neighbor” than one of these wonderful designs, and a small loaf of sweet bread or cookies. Hugs, Susie Lessard ~