Monday, November 14, 2022

Papertrey Ink November Release Countdown Day 2


Welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink November release countdown! I'm sharing two cards today using some super fun new products that you're sure to love! My first card uses two fun new stamp sets: Deliver By December 25th and Iconic Christmas! I just love how the two play so well together to create the Christmas postal feel that I love so much!


To begin, I die cut the two postal images; stamping one in Pure Poppy and the other in Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink. I also die cut a few pieces of foliage using the Into the Blooms: Pine die and the Into the Blooms: Dahlia die. I colored them using an assortment of Distress Oxide inks and set them aside.


I die cut one of the cute labels from the new Iconic Christmas die collection and stamped the "canceled" curved line image using black ink. I also stamped the bold 25 image using black ink as well. From there, I was able to attach the greenery and the die cut postage stamp and seal image using liquid glue and foam squares.


The background was created by die cutting an A2 panel using the new Cover Plate: Stitched Florals from white cardstock. I used the Fanciful Snowflakes hot foil plate and red foil for the red panel. I attached it over the top of the white panel using foam squares. I added the black strip of cardstock near the bottom and then added the Kraft label piece.
I added some white paint splatter and glitter to give it some added detail. I heat embossed a sentiment  from a set that will be released on day 4, but I loved it so much for this card, I gave you an early sneak peek. 
My second card for today uses the new Into the Blooms: Cactus dies paired with the new Inside Greetings: Winter Wonderland stamp set. To begin, I die cut all of the pieces for the cactus from white cardstock and colored them using Distress Oxide inks.

I also added some polka dots to the pot using the new Playful Dots stencils that were showcased yesterday. I added some white paint splatter and then stamped the sentiment in black over the top.

Once that was done, I was ready to begin assembling my CAS card. The background was created by using the Fanciful Snowflake Hot Foil Plate (can you believe I've used it for EVERY card for this release?....I love it) with silver foil on an A2 panel of New Leaf cardstock. I also die cut the white panel using the new Cover Plate: Stitched Florals and then added some green ink blending to the middle.

I layered the pot and the cactus pieces over the top using foam squares for dimension. I added a few pine sprigs from the Into the Blooms: Pine die.

This isn't your typical Christmas card, but I have a friend who just mentioned on Facebook that her Christmas cactus is starting to bloom, so this one is for her! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

1 comment:

JHixon said...

Absolutely gorgeous red card with the greenery! I love the subtle texture and bright colors! Perfect for Christmas.