Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Papertrey Ink Flash Sale {Let's Celebrate You}

I've been MIA lately, but I'm back today sharing a fun birthday card for this week's Papertrey Ink Flash Sale! I've used the cute Big Balloon stamp set as the starting point for this festive card. I pulled in a couple of other stamp sets to pull it all together!
I'm slightly obsessed with balloon stamps, dies, and stencils, but I'd don't think you'd ever know since I seem to collect them and then not use them! Ha ha! I was excited to pull this set out today to create today's card!

To begin, I die cut quite a few balloons in the three different sizes from white cardstock using the Big Balloon Die. I stamped the largest balloon in Mint Julep ink and then added some Vintage Jadeite ink around the edges using a blender brush. the two middle size balloons are stamped in Sweet Blush, Summer Sunrise, and Mint Julep. The smallest balloons are stamped using Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, and Berry Sorbet ink. The medium sized Summer Sunrise balloon has Canyon Clay ink blended around the edges and then I used the Big Balloon Stencil Collection: Stars to add the stars using Canyon Clay ink.

For the Sweet Blush balloon, I did the same thing, but used Berry Sorbet ink around the edges and for the stenciling, but used the Big Balloon Stencil Collection: Dots. I set the balloons aside and got to work on the background and sentiment.

I cut a panel of white cardstock measuring 3 3/4 by 5 inches and stamped the images at the top using both stamps from the Confetti and Streamers stamp set; one in Sweet Blush and the other using Mint Julep. I die cut the sentiment piece using the Mash-Up Birthday Die and then used my mini MISTI to stamp the "Let's Celebrate YOU" sentiment using the Mash-Up Birthday stamp set. This set was released when I was on summer break, so I was thrilled to use it on today's card. I stamped the YOU portion using Berry Sorbet ink and then stamped the rest using True Black.

I layered the biggest balloon centered at the top and then added the fringe tassel using foam squares. I then layered the medium sized balloons using additional foam squares. I centered the sentiment at the bottom over the top of the tassel. From there, I added in the smallest balloons and the strings and flowers/leaves. I added the chunky glitter here and there using a 2-way glue pen. Once that was done, I layered it onto a panel that is die cut using the Border Bling: Stitched Die using foam squares. The entire focal panel is adhered to a top folding A2 card base using additional foam squares. I added a few Moonshine sequins for even more detail and shine! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Absolutely gorgeous! You always make such stunningly gorgeous cards. Just so lovely. ☺ Marisela mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Donna said...

So pretty (love the glitter addition)! The combo of Berry Sorbet + Mint Julep is lovely!