Monday, November 22, 2021

Papertrey Ink November Release Countdown Day 2


It's been a whirlwind two days, am I right? So much to see, so much to LOVE! Thanks so much for joining me again today for day 2 of the Papertrey Ink November release countdown! I also want to thank you for ALL of your sweet comments on yesterday's countdown post! You're so kind! Today is a bit of a potpourri as we switch from Christmas/winter to Thanksgiving/fall! I decided to start things off with Christmas and then we'll finish up with Thanksgiving! I'm smitten with everything being showcased today, so I guess what I'm trying to say is that I LOVE this entire release and I hope you love it as much as I do!

My first card uses a fun new set called Adorning Trees. This is a take on modern Christmas trees that are popping up in the DIY world! This card also features the new Inside Greetings: Heaven and Nature Sing. I've already stamped these beautiful greetings inside of a few of the cards from this release!

I heat embossed the sentiment in silver onto a strip of vellum to match the silvery starts that accent the top of the large tree and the two small trees.


I die cut two of each of the trees so that I could sandwich the "wire" pieces in between the two trees.

I love the two different snowflake images that you can decorate the trees with as well.

And now onto Thanksgiving! This little cutie is the newest member of the Feathered Friends family....meet Mr. Tom Turkey! I decided to make my turkey a little bit non-traditional and patterned him after a porcelain turkey decoration.

I die cut all of the pieces from white cardstock and then colored them using an assortment of Distress Oxide inks. I used liquid glue to glue all of the tiny pieces in place and then used foam squares for the body and head. the super tiny pieces to accent the wings were die cut, but then I left them on the cutting plate and added the color right there before removing them. I actually just took them off one at a time so I could easily put them in place.

I added a few pumpkins/gourds from the older Simply Gourd-eous stamp/die set stamped in the same colors that I used on the turkey. I also couldn't resist adding a few leaves from the Into the Blooms: Dahlia die set.

The "count your blessings" sentiment is from the Just Sentiments: Grateful Heart stamp set and is stamped in brown and then cut using sharp scissors to make the notched ends.

I added glitter to this card as well because I just love it so much!


My final card for today and for the release uses the new Feathered Friends Mini 17 stamp/die set. I chose to use the same colors from the stamp guide. When there are a lot of little images, sometimes I don't know what colors to pick, so I just kept it safe and traditional! ha ha!

I actually die cut and stamped 4 turkeys. I find that once I have everything lined up in my MISTI, it just makes sense to make multiples, especially with a set like this with a lot of tiny images.

I used the On the Border: Fall For Foliage die to cut the border. I used an assortment of Distress Oxide inks in fall colors to bring it to life. I layered the oval onto a Honey Nut card base using foam squares and then glued the border over the top.

The sentiment is stamped on the oval using black ink with a few sequins framing it. I layered the turkey down in the corner with an assortment of leaves left over from the Joyful Florals card I shared yesterday and a few leaves from the Into the Blooms: Poinsettia die set. I added some glitter and brown ink splatter for added detail. Well friends, this concludes the countdown and everything will be available for purchase tomorrow night at 10 PM ET. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

4 comments:

Kris said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the feathered friend turkey card...delicious!

Connie said...

Fantastic cards, Kelly!
Got to love those turkeys!

Vickie R. said...

Love all three cards, but especially the first turkey card! Amazing! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Ida said...

Wow I love your turkey cards. They are just gorgeous.