Wednesday, July 14, 2021

The Greetery {Capturing Summer} Release Day


Hello, friends! It's release day for the fabulous new Capturing Summer Collection from The Greetery! The release will be available for purchase beginning at 10 am ET! I'm popping in to share another bit of inspiration using the fabulous new Geranium BotaniCuts, Side Of Greens, and the Summer Findings Dies! I mentioned in yesterday's post that I'd created some red geraniums, but they just didn't work for the card I made, so I knew I needed to let them shine on their own card!

Red geraniums are some of my favorite flowers and I have quite a few planted this year! I just love the pop of color they add to my yard and porch, and right now they look especially cute with American flags tucked into their blooms! In Utah, we also celebrate on the 24th of July, so I keep the Americana look all month long!

To begin, I die cut ALL of the pieces for this card out of white cardstock and inked them up using Distress Oxide inks, blender brushes, and finger daubers. The butterflies got a bit of added detail with a white gel pen, but I also added white paint splatter to the entire card front to give it even more detail!

The background was created by adding some Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Oxide ink around the edges of a Linen cardstock panel. I then glued the Side of Greens piece using liquid glue. This is a VERY delicate die cut piece, so I was very careful in handling it and gluing it! I had a little plank leftover from my Shiplap porch from yesterday's card, so I added that as a place to "ground" the pot of flowers. From there I added the pot and flowers using foam squares for maximum dimension.

The butterflies were created to look like a monarch butterfly with the stark black and striking orange! I thought they would accent the warmth of the flowers paired with the cool background! Of course I just couldn't resist adding quite a bit of glitter to let this card sparkle and shine!  I hope you've enjoyed today's post! Have fun shopping and thanks for fluttering by!

 

8 comments:

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK, Kelly! I DO LOVE those Geraniums & in that STRIKING RED!!! ;)<3

Holly said...

LOVE LOVE it!!

Debbie said...

Oh, Kelly I adore this extra project this morning. I have been torn about the Side of Greens die... you're tempting me!!

Debbie said...

I caved Kelly! I added the Side of Greens die to my cart also after seeing your card this morning. Thanks so much!!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the red pot to go with the flowers and your butterflies are so pretty!

Ida said...

Simply Stunning!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! How’s your summer this year? We’ve been very busy and I’m feeling guilty that I haven’t checked in on your blog. What a beautiful card! I’m amazed that everything started as white cardstock, your blending colors are just gorgeous. I can imagine how pretty your geraniums are at home, especially with the little flags. ( I didn’t know about July 24th, I’m going to check that out. We fly our American flag everyday and very proud of it!). Thank you for the inspiration and I hope you and your family are having a happy and fun summer! 😎💕

Carmela said...

Such a gorgeous card!! Love all the special touches.