Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Ink to Paper May Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Ink to Paper May release countdown! As mentioned yesterday, I have A LOT to share with you today using some of my very favorite products from the May release! I have three projects to share with you using the new Into the Blooms II dies! It's no secret how much I love the previously released Into the Blooms dies, so you can only imagine how giddy I am with these new beautiful dies!

My first card uses two of the different blooms with one of the leaf options. I paired it with the AMAZING new sentiment set called Perfect Pair: Commodities with its coordinating dies. Since this is a graduation card, I also added in the year that I die cut using the Numbers Die that was released a few months ago. I die cut the numbers from a textured gold cardstock that I picked up at Michael's last month.

I die cut the flowers and leaves from white cardstock and then used a variety of Distress Oxide inks to do all of the coloring on the flowers. I find that I can get the most realistic looking blooms with the oxide inks. I also added some colored pencil details to the flowers as well as some color spritzing and glitter!

I also rounded the petals upward for more realistic looking flowers as well. I've had so much fun creating all of the different flowers I've used on today's projects and even some later on in the release!

I die cut the "happy" portion of the sentiment and then heat embossed it in gold for a seamless look against the black background. I also heat embossed the coordinating "graduation day" sentiment in gold as well.

My second project for today is a series of tags that I put together to accent some Mother's Day gifts. Since Mother's Day is past, you could just switch out the sentiment for any occasion!

I made 5 tags in total using each of the three different flower options.

I created these flowers the same as I did for the previous card.

I really like die cutting everything from white cardstock and then just coloring them as I go along deciding which colors I want for my project!

My third card using these beautiful blooms also uses the new Feathered Friends 11 die. I think this owl is so cute and you could color it in any color you can imagine!

I went for a traditional owl look, but you could definitely let your imagination take hold and make it as colorful as you like!

I added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top of the eyes and the beak for some realistic shine.

I used another one of the new Just Sentiments: Summer sentiments for this card. I mentioned yesterday that I needed to make some summer cards for my boys' teachers, so this will be one. I really wanted to try putting a graduation cap on this little owl, but that will have to wait until another day! ha ha!

My 4th and final card for today uses the Perfect Pair: Commodities stamp set again paired with the new Vase Collection. I love the built in texture on the vase die!

This beautiful flower bunch is from the previously released Sprigs and Sprays stamp set and it's just perfect for this new vase.

This vase is perfectly sized to coordinating with many of the previously released flower/branch sets that you may already own! I can't wait use more flowers to fill up this cute vase!

I'm really in love with these new sentiments and adore the fact that they have coordinating dies for the scripty words! They're so delicate that they look so nice stretched across any design! Well, that finishes up my projects for day 2! Join me again for even more summer inspiration tomorrow! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

15 comments:

Vickie R. said...

Oh my word, your projects are stunning! I especially love your graduation card and Mother's Day tags! The recipients are so lucky! :)

jan metcalf said...

All your projects are wonderful! Love the way you put together the flowers for Mothers Day tags, great details!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Beautiful designs Kelly, your colors are glorious!

Becky Green said...

I LOOOVE these FLOWERS!!! QUITE STUNNING WORK, Kelly!!!! ;)<3

Carmela said...

Beautiful flowers! Gorgeous projects!!

Carmela said...

Beautiful flowers! Gorgeous projects!!

Carmela said...

Beautiful flowers! Gorgeous projects!!

Marcia Hill said...

All of your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS Kelly!! I'm loving all your colorful flowers that are so full of dimension, and that owl is fabulous!! Lovely, lovely cards (and tags!!!) my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Andre M. said...

Stunning, eye catching designs shared today. I'm always enamoured by the Feathered Friends, but my heart has been stolen today by the amazing Into the Blooms, you've showcased them so beautifully on your cards!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, sweet Marcia!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Becky!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Stephanie!❤

Natalie said...

Awesome job on all your cards. I love the colors you used on your 2021 card!!

Amber said...

Gorgeous work! Can you tell me the brand/name of the tags and/or the dies used to make the tags on your Mother's Day tags above? Are they Papertrey Ink also? That supply isn't listed in your blog post... I'd love to purchase them!