Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Ink to Paper March Release Countdown Day 2

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Welcome to day 2 of the Ink to Paper March release countdown! Today I'm sharing some graduation/teacher projects. Up first is the fabulous new Go-To Gift Card Holder: Graduation! It is just the cutest thing ever and is giving me some serious Deja Vu about some large/wide paper dolls I had when I was a kid. I can't put a finger on the memory, but this graduation gown really reminded me of them! ha ha!

My cute daughter is graduating this spring, so this is for her! Of course I had to make it in her school colors for maximum impact! I die cut two of the gown from Pinefeather cardstock and adhered them together using foam squares, making sure not to put any where the gift card slider portion goes.

The cap is actually the portion that you slide with the gift card holder below. I have a picture showing it a little further down the post. I die cut the 2021 numbers using the recently released Numbers Die out of silver glitter cardstock and added them to the front of the gown using foam squares.

All of the sentiments are from the new Just Sentiments: Graduation stamp set. I stamped the "To: From" portion onto the gift card slider. You can see how the cap is at the top and then it slides down into the gown. The "congrats Grad! Class of:" sentiment is heat embossed in silver to accent the glitter numbers.

I also added the diploma scroll and tassel for additional charm and detail! You could also just use the gown portion to use as a shaped card or to add to a regular card front if you don't want to make a gift card holder! The possibilities are endless!

My next card uses the new Storybook: Teacher stamp set paired with the new To Die For Sentiments: Grow! I was trying to make a chalkboard type card, but the white sentiment was getting lost on the wreath so I added a red layer to the top. After that, it was giving me some serious "Mary Engelbreit" vibes! ha ha!

I used the ruler image to stamp along the four sides of the frame to help accentuate the "grow" theme, even though growth is not always visible! ha ha!

I added the book, apple and eyeglasses to the bottom for additional teacher detailing!

I layered it all onto a red card base to accentuate the red letters and apple.

I can't wait to try using the books even more!



T



 

3 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Graduation and large die sentiments just happen to be a challenge for me. You’ve done a fabulous job with your designs!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much!❤

truthbecomeby.com said...

Thank you! I am confused about how the gift card portion actually SLIDES?? I adhered that to the back of the graduation gown . Can you please please show me how you made it slide. I am learning that I did mine the wrong way 🤦‍♀️.
Thanks! -Heather ( hwlabudde@gmail.com)