Monday, December 7, 2020

Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale {Cake Creations}

Happy new week, friends! I hope you're all enjoying the holiday season!  We've got the house all decorated, the Christmas songs playing, candles flickering, movies playing, and we're feeling downright jolly! I hope you are, too! I mentioned a month or so ago that I had finished all of the birthday cards for the kiddos at church, but I decided to make some age-specific ones for the last 2 girls of the year using the fun and beautiful Cake Creations stamp set. The sale will run from today at noon until Wednesday at 4 pm ET. 


INK Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Lilac Grace, Winter Wisteria

PAPER: Lilac Grace, Sweet Blush

Dies: Cake Creations...I also used Nesting Basics: Pierced Rectangles and Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles but I'm not certain if they're on sale. You can use the links to check when the sale goes live.

As you can see, I made two nearly identical cards. I used gold glitter cardstock to die cut the cake stands and the number cake toppers. I love this little detail that brings some fun and festive birthday sparkle!

I die cut all of the flowers and cake pieces and stamped them using my mini MISTI assembly line style to get the job done quickly.

I also added the "happy birthday" sentiment directly onto the cake portion using black ink for contrast. Once that was done, I was ready to get the focal pieces put together.

I love the detail on the Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles and it reminds me of what a cake platter could look like, if you're looking at it from the top. It gives a nice, subtle detail without distracting the eye from the cake.

I used foam squares single and double thick to achieve the dimension I was hoping for. Once I had the cake, numbers, and flowers arranged, I got to work on the background panels.

I used two different sizes from the Nesting Basics: Pierced Rectangles to add the detail around the Lilac Grace and Sweet Blush panels.

I added the panels to white A2 card bases using foam squares and then added the focal panel to that using additional foam squares for maximum dimension.

I added some glitter and sequins to finish off these two birthday designs! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

6 comments:

jan metcalf said...

You have a special eye for designing a card! Lovely!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Jan!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi there Kelly! I put you and I in the Super Hero column for this week! Along with all the ladies who make Christmas happen in our homes. I think it’s been a week or longer since I’ve been on your blog, but this season we’ve had the joy of out of state family members come for a visit. Happy times!! And finally, my cards are finished, tree is up, decorations out and shopping close to finished. Woo-boo! I decorated to Mannheim Steamroller feeling terrific all over - but came down to earth fast because I can’t find my address book! 🤭 Anyway, isn’t the Christmas season so much fun?! It’s a beautiful thing you do for the children at your church, your cards are so pretty! One quick question if you have the time, do you have a favorite glitter paper that’s easy to die cut? As always, thank you for the lovely inspiration and fun to read blog! 😊💖

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh wow! Sounds like you've had a busy and festive time! How fun! You do deserve Super Hero status!💕 I buy my glitter paper at Hobby Lobby and I believe it's their store brand from The Paper Studio. It's a thick cardstock with a white paper backing and it cuts so well!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Thank you Kelly! You are just the kindest most generous designer. I love Hobby Lobby! It’s a bit of a drive but I usually try and go twice a year at least, so next time I’ll check out their glitter paper and stock up. Thank you again for your help. Many hugs! XX00X💖

Trinetra Tours India said...

How to Get a Perfect Tour Packages in India

Wildlife Tours in India

Advantage Rajasthan Holiday Tour Package

Wildlife Tour Package in India

Package Tours for India

Golden Triangle Tour Packages

Wildlife Tours India Journey

Advantages of Group Tour Packages

Best Side of Tour Packages in India

India Wildlife Tour

Tours to India

Wildlife Tours to India

How to Visit in India