Monday, June 15, 2020

Serve and Protect {so grateful for you}

I was so thrilled when my package from Simon Says Stamp arrived with the new First Responders stamp set and coordinating dies! I wanted to make a few thank you cards for some deserving recipients. One is going to a friend of ours in the neighborhood who is a Police officer and the other  is going to the entire Police Department for our city. I've also made a coordinating tag that you can see at the bottom of today's post. We put together a package of treats to send over to them as part of a community event.

I used quite a mash-up of products from some of my favorite companies to bring these cards to life. To begin, I die cut 3 pockets and flaps using the new In Stitches Back Pocket Die out of Enchanted Evening cardstock. Once that was done, I added some Dark Indigo ink around the edges of each piece for some added definition and contrast.

I used my mini MISTI to align the "You are my Hero" sentiment and then stamped it in Versarmark ink and heat embossed it with Silver embossing powder from Imagine Crafts. I adhered the flap to the pocket portion using foam squares for dimension. I set those aside and got to work on the police badge pieces.

I heat embossed 5 in total and cut them out using the SSS First Responders dies. I just love how crisp the silver embossing looks against the blue cardstock! I also stamped the "thank you" portion using the same Dark Indigo Ink onto Spring Rain cardstock. There is also a die to cut this little piece out, which I love! I am a die loving girl through and through! 

I cut two pieces of Enchanted Evening cardstock measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches and stamped the Pinkfresh Studio Diamond Tiles Cling Rubber Background stamp using Sapphire ink. I positioned the stamp so that it wouldn't stamp all the way to the bottom of the panel so that I would have some blank space for the heat embossed "for your selfless service" sentiment. 

The reason why I switched to Sapphire ink was that the other ink I was using needed to be refilled and I don't have the reinker! Ack! This ink is gorgeous and works nicely with this card. From there, I continued using it to add some ink blending around the edges of the stamped panel. Once this was done, I was ready to put all of the pieces in place to create this fun design! I used additional foam squares to add the pocket to the stamped panel. I adhered it to a top folding A2 Spring Rain card base using additional foam squares.

I knew that in addition to the treats we were dropping off, I wanted to add some gift cards to both of the cards. It might be a little cliche, but we decided on Krispy Kreme for the local Police Department! LOL! I think everyone pretty much loves donuts, cops or not! ha ha! I used the AMAZING Gift Card Pop Up die to create this fun addition to the inside of the card.

As you can see, this card has a pizza gift card; this one is going to our friend in the neighborhood. I used my mini MISTI to get the "so grateful for you" sentiment stamped and then heat embossed in silver as well. I like to use ScorTape to secure these to the inside of my cards for security. I used two 
 of the shield/badge pieces that I created earlier to decorate the inside as well.

Here is the gift tag that I made to add on to the package of treats. I used a wooden type basket to package up some Pepperidge Farms cookies, mixed nuts, Raisinets, and Beef Jerky. I placed it in a large cello bag and then tied it up with ribbon and this tag.

Easy, peasy! I just used all of the same elements as the card, but added the "so grateful for you" sentiment to the bottom of the popped up "thank you" sentiment. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the large hole in the corner so that I could thread it through the ribbon. I used quite a thick ribbon so a large hole was necessary! I had so much fun creating these cards and tag! Thanks for fluttering by!

17 comments:

blaze said...

Kelly, THANK YOU for showing us this idea! Times are so sad, buy these officers need to know that we need them! That's a wonderful show of support -- from the heart!

Cindy H. said...

What a wonderful idea! They all look so handsome! I'm sure the recipients will enjoy and appreciate not only the cards but the gift cards and treats.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Kelly, these are AWESOME! I’ve been wanting to do something to show my support as well and also because my nephew is on the police force. My family has a lot of front line workers, including the medical field. It’s a wonderful thing that your community has gotten involved. Thank you from my heart for sharing your Outstanding cards! 💖💖

TLady said...

SOOO CUTE!!!! AND LOOOVE the gift cards inside!!! You made me giggle!!! A SUPER IDEA, Kelly!!! ;)<3

Loralee said...

Thank you. . . thank you. . .thank you. . . .finally someone is showing some support where it is needed. We DO need our police officers and appreciate what they do. It's about time someone stands up and shares this with them.
Loralee

Patti H. said...

What a fantastic idea & such fabulous creations!! These cards are so great to show our appreciation to all the wonderful guys & gals in blue! What would we do without them?? Thanks for sharing!

Conniecrafter said...

these are awesome and I am sure will be much appreciated as we are for them!

jan metcalf said...

Clever and original!

Kelly Lunceford said...

You're welcome! Thanks for the sweet comment!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much Cindy!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Stephanie!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

You're welcome! Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Jan!

Tracy B. said...

What awesome cards!!! I have several family members & friends that are police or firemen and this is a great way to show my appreciation for all their hard work and sacrifice. Thank you for the great inspriation!!

Grams716 said...

I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate these cards and the fact that SOMEONE in the crafting industry is paying tribute to our police officers. You've shown us your heart, and for that I'm grateful. God Bless you!