Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Ink to Paper Countdown Day 4


Hello and welcome to the 4th and final day of the Ink To Paper countdown! All of the new products will be available for purchase on the 15th starting at 10 PM ET. What do you have on your list so far? If it were me, this new Tag Creations: Blooming Indulgence and the coordinating sentiment set would definitely be at the top! I actually made two projects using this new die collection and sentiment set, so make sure you scroll down. We're also showcasing another new floral set called Many Anemones and a background called "Loosely Woven" that is my final project for the release!
To begin this card, I did  A LOT of die cutting! LOL! Actually, what I did first was arrange all of the pieces that go with each flower. I just laid them in a line on my desk. This made the die cutting AND assembly process SO much smoother. Once you know how each bloom is arranged, it is very easy to assemble. The banner is actually an assembled piece as well. It coordinates with this large "For You" sentiment and then there is a smaller banner die for each of the smaller sentiments. I used that one in my next project.

The circle that I used on this card is actually the tag that comes with the die set, I just covered up the hole portion with flowers. You will be able to see that in my next project as well. 


 I used a lot of gold accents on this card for an unexpected design. The centers of the small flowers are all die cut using gold specialty paper as well as the veins on the leaves. The detail portion of the larger blooms are gold as well.
 I heat embossed the large sentiment in gold and then stamped the smaller sentiment in Raspberry Fizz.
This next design uses  a lot less blooms, but I think it still has a great impact! You can see the tag shape a little bit better on this one as well, since I intended it to be a tag all tied up with twine!

 To be honest, these flowers were my "practice" ones, but I really like how they turned out! They are really fun to put together. I used different colors of cardstock for each of the different pieces, but you could totally die cut them all in white and then use Copic markers to color them in different shades. I still want to try that! You can see the smaller banner piece on this card as well with the "hello beautiful" sentiment.

This last card uses the new Many Anemones set paired with the Loosely Woven background stamp. I heat embossed it in white and then added some ink sponging around the edges for some contrast.

I love the fonts and sentiments that are included in this set. I stamped the "beautiful you" sentiment in black at the bottom.

There are quite a few combinations of ways to create the Anemones in this set. I tried just using the outline portion and the centers for an unexpected look. Once it was done, it really kindof reminded me of lace.

I used some foam squares right in the center of the flowers to pop them up. The black centers of added using liquid glue.

I took a post-it note and covered up the sentiment and then added some black paint flecks. I did my laundry today and noticed that the shirt I was wearing while creating this also has black paint flecks! LOL! I guess I should wear a smock! 

I added a few sparkling clear sequins here and there for some shine. Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

blaze said...

Gorgeous cards, Kelly! So, so SO pretty!

BarbaraB said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! All three cards!
Love all the pinks.

jan metcalf said...

Love how you used gold cuts on the flowers Kelly!