Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Reverse Confetti Spring Fling Blog Hop





 ETA: In addition to the two prizes being offered below, I will be giving another MISTI away to a commenter here!!!!
Happy Spring, friends and thanks for joining me for the Reverse Confetti Spring Fling Blog Hop as we team up with My Sweet Petunia....maker of the amazing MISTI tool! I will show you later on in my post how I used it for today's design! You can check out the Reverse Confetti Blog for more information as well! Make sure to hop along to all of the other designers blogs to see what they have come up with!  Also, before I begin... we will choose two lucky commenters from the hop to win one of two prizes: a $60 shopping spree at www.mysweetpetunia.com and a $60 shopping spree at www.Reverseconfetti.com- you must leave your comments no later than Sunday, March 25th, at 11:59 PM Central time and winners will be announced on Tuesday March 27th, on the Reverse Confetti and My Sweet Petunia blogs. Isn't that amazing???? 

               Amy Tsuruta
The Fun Times 6 by 6 paper pad was the starting point for my card and paper badket and the Dashed Line Tag Confetti Cut was the starting point for my layout. I had been wanting to try arranging the tags like this during the release week, but didn't get the opportunity! To begin, I die cut the tags twice, once out of Premier Polar White cardstock and once out of each of the 4 patterns that I chose for this design. I glued them together for stability. I knew this card would have a lot of layers and I needed the tags to have the added weight that the cardstock gave them.

I used the Stitched Rays Cover Plate Confetti Cut to create a backdrop for the tags. I blended some Lilac Distress Ink Oxide around the edges for some contrast and dimension. Once that was done, I was able to arrange the tags using foam squares.

I used my MISTI to arrange all 4 of the Tall Blooms images onto the paper. Once they were arranged properly, I was able to stamp them all at once, which is such a time saver, and of course with precision.

The awesome thing about the MISTI is that I was able to get them double stamped for a crisp, saturated image with complete precision. I can't say enough about the genius of the MISTI. 

I also used it for perfect placement of the "a happy hello" sentiment onto my strip. It is often hard to stamp a cursive or loopy sentiment straight just by eyeballing it, so the MISTI helped me to only have to stamp it once. I used Versamark ink and then heat embossed it using Rose Gold embossing powder. I wanted to bring in some warmth, but still have the same tones as my card.

I used the coordinating Tall Blooms Confetti Cuts once they were all stamped and colored using Copic Markers. I adhered them onto the tags and then used my sharp trimmer to chop off the extra pieces. I added some gold Nuvo drops around the sentiment and a few drops of Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the leaves of the loopy green stem and the centers of the lavender flower.
I used the same techniques and supplies to create a coordinating paper basket. It's the perfect size to tuck in a treat or gift card.

I had so much fun on these projects!! Thanks for fluttering by!

63 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Really pretty, Kelly! I love all the tags on one card!

craftjunkiesc said...

Beautiful card & treat bag. You really showcased the stamps and papers so well on the card.

Amy C. said...

Beautiful card for spring! I like how you've used the tags for your design.

Amy C. said...

Beautiful card for spring! I like how you've used the tags for your design.

Rachel W said...

I love your beautiful tags!

Rachel W said...

I love your beautiful tags!

Becca Yahrling said...

Great use of the pretty papers!
I love the gorgeous design and just
how colorful these are.

Sue D said...

Very clever design on this card and paper basket with the tags. I like the papers you used too.

jeanchaneyaz said...

How beautiful! Love the stitch lined tags and pretty stamped images!

Nicky said...

Really pretty card and gift paquet !

Susan said...

So beautiful -> I will be CASEing this lol!!!

Judy Iverson said...

Just lovely! The coordinating bag and card are perfect.

Linda said...

Clever design idea with the tags and their floral accents. And your sweet gift bag is perfect. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cindy H. said...

Lovely card and bag! Beautiful color combo and design!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a wonderful gift set you created! I love the unique design you came up with for your card. love the tags in the various directions. so fun and clever! :)

Karey said...

Never saw 4 tags used on one card. Great idea!!

Gloria said...

Great ideas!

Connie G said...

Beautiful colors!!!

Lindar C said...

Very sweet card, love the colors and I really like the Tall Blooms images.

blaze said...

So much to love about your projects!!

Carole Anne Patterson said...

Such a pretty gifting package. The addition of the drops and glaze really adds gloss and dimension to your project. I love how you put this all together.

Megan said...

Love these patterned papers!

Anonymous said...

Great idea using tags like that! Clever.

Joan B said...

beautiful!!!

Jennifer said...

So pretty - love the tags and the papers you chose

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

So pretty. Love all the details, colors, patterns, and designs. Just lovely.

Brandi R said...

Stunning! The card is just that....stunning. Love the papers and the design. The gift bag is the perfect compliment (or vice versa ;)) Love these ♥

McStamper said...

Love your great ideas with the tags and stamps.

Christine said...

What a clever idea to use the tags as a card front. So creative and appealing!

~amy~ said...

How beautiful, always love your projects!

Rebecca Romines said...

What a cute way to tie the tags into these cards! I really cant wait to get a chance to see what i can come up with after seeing all these great ideas.

Cathy Lillie said...

Beautiful bag and card set! That was such a creative way to use the tags, and I love the patterned papers!

Val p said...

Your cards are always so cute! Love seeing what you do.

Shanna said...

I love all of the new ideas!

Dee Earnshaw said...

great spring projects - love the colors and ideas:)

Diana said...

The patterns on these really work well together!

Jen P said...

Your projects are beautiful! Love that you coordinated them together. Those tags for the card are terrific!

Joan K said...

Love the little basket for a gift card - so cute! And pining for that tag die :)

Annette:) said...

Such a cute gift set

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

This is a perfect match up!! Gift bag and the tag/card is a great grouping but it is the florals that steal the show!!! Just so lovely!

Andrea Hastilow said...

' Happy Hello' makes me smile straight away. What a great card and matching gift, beautiful colours, patterns and such crisp clean detail on your stamped images, I've seen lots of amazing RC products on this hop and I've learnt why a Misti is so important to safe the rain forest I seem to have used trying to print clean, crisp and non shadowy, thank you x

Linda C said...

Love, love, love it!!!

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful cards and love the backgrounds with the patterns. Beautiful job!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card and basket! I love the papers you used and your color combo! Lots of great tips on using the MISTI on this fun hop!

Unknown said...

Cute card made from tags! Thanks for sharing!

Connie said...

Great idea for a card design. Tags are so fun!!

kramomma said...

This is my final stop on the hop...never before have I completed a hop! I started at dearpaperlicious and here I am now at the end!

Your tag card is adorable, what a great use of the MISTI and I liked your color choices as well.

jan metcalf said...

Just received a new set of tag dies in the mail and this will be the perfect way to play with them! Thanks for the inspiration!

Rosemary said...

your projects are so fabulous, Kelly!! I love how you used the tag on the card... brilliant!

LittleSher said...

Great colors! Everything coordinates so well!

Colorado Crafter said...

Fabulous creations!!!

Ali Farmer (alilovescardmaking) said...

So pretty!

Beverly Perdue said...

Kelly, your card is amazing. I love how you used the tags on the card.

Lisa said...

These are so beautiful and sweet! Love the blues... such a beautiful calming feeling.

Jnana said...

Love the tall stems stamp and die set -- love the use of colors --- love the cards! Beautiful!

Anna Tracy said...

Love the dimension colors on both of the cards

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the tags on the card!

Unknown said...

Wow, great matching of the colors to the patterned paper. They're also the perfect spring-y colors for me. Thanks so much for sharing with us! I always wonder how to use tags in non-tag ways, especially when I end up with a set of them, and this is the perfect solution.

Stacey Kowbel said...

Fantastic cards! Love the designs with the tags!

Iris said...

So pretty - love the colors and your use of tags.

Karen said...

I love these projects. The colors are so spring-like and lovely!

Helen F. said...

Your card and giftie are just gorgeous! Love how you placed those sweet tags on your perfectly designed card

Kelly Lunceford said...

Christine....thank you so much for the sweet comment! You are the winner of the MISTI! Please email me at kellyrory1@msn.com with your address!!! Congratulations!!!