Monday, December 11, 2017

Merry Monday #269 {Season's Greetings}


Is everyone ready for Christmas? This week's Merry Monday Challenge should get you one step closer to getting ready! It's such a fun challenge! I think I say that every week, but it REALLY is! LOL!


Debbie is asking us to create a Christmas card using three of the inspiration colors! I love all of the choices, so it was hard to narrow it down, but in the end, I decided on red, turquoise blue and the darker green. ANY combination with these colors would be so pretty! In fact, the team has put together lots of great inspiration that you can see HERE that should get the creative juices flowing! I hope you'll play along!

The hardest part for me was deciding on what images to use, but once I settled on this adorable Lantern Sugar Cut cut in red, I knew exactly where I was headed! The lantern is cut 4 times out of red cardstock and then glued together using Tombow Mono multi glue. The grey pieces are glued over the top {i hope that using a few neutrals is okay} While the lantern was drying, I got started on creating the beautiful background.


I cut a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of Bristol paper and sponged "Broken China" distress oxide ink in a circular fashion starting in the middle and working my way out. Once that was done, I spritzed it heavily with Shimmer Spray. The snowflakes are heat embossed in some old SU! powder that gives it a great shine! I used the Flurry of Warm Wishes stamp set for the snowflakes! 

I stamped and die cut a LOT of greenery and a few embossed pinecones from the Pinecone Greetings stamp set and then die cut them using the coordinating Sugar Cuts. I just love how all of these evergreen branches look arranged on top of the lantern! I tied a black gingham bow and a small jingle bell to the top for some added interest!

I added a few Robin's Egg Blue Nuvo drops around the lantern and the greenery for some snowy-looking details! The sentiment is stamped in red onto  a white paper strip and attached using foam squares.
A few sparkling clear sequins finish the design off! I wasn't really going for an old-fashioned country Christmas look, but in the end, that's totally what it reminds me of! Thanks for fluttering by! I hope you'll join us! There's just a few more weeks to play with all of your fun holiday products and then it will be all about the VALENTINES!

14 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning lantern, Kelly, and I just love all the greens at the top!! So gorgeous with the blue wash and snowflakes!

Colleen said...

Kelly, you never stop amazing me with your creations. this is just stunning, I love the snowflakes in the background, subtle yet the sparkle shines through! Fantastic card!

Donna Schnees said...

I checked out the sugar cuts site and I am in love. TFS!

Donna Ellis said...

Such a gorgeous card, Kelly, with the prettiest blue color surrounding your lantern! Most people showcase lanterns at night - but I love that you have shown yours in the daylight hours! hugs, de

JoAnn said...

Love your red lantern with the greenery and acorns. The background is lovely.

Notes by Nina said...

Another stunning card Kelly, I love all your beautiful details.

JD/ Jill said...

This is really lovely! A great design!

Linda said...

Kelly what a beautiful lantern card you have created. Love the colors. Fabulous card. Have a great weekend.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I just love everything about your card, so elegant and the layers are all so pretty!

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE the colors you chose Kelly...they truly fit this vintage feeling card with the lovely red lantern and all the beautiful greenery! LOVE it!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :0)

Susan Joyce said...

Love you lamp die cut and all of your design elements Kelly. Fabulous Christmas card.

Nora Noll said...

This is gorgeous!! I LOVE that lantern and your layering of the die cuts is perfection!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Every card of yours just gets prettier! GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Your card composition is wonderful. Love the coffe card too.