Thursday, March 30, 2017

Where flowers bloom...

Where flowers bloom...so does hope. I love this quote...so perfect for today's cards. I mailed these out earlier in the week for a few dear friends! Both cards are {almost} identical. One just has a few more flowers to hide a {smudge...ahem}. LOL! I was immediately smitten with the "Garden Gate" Make it Market kit that was released last August by PTI. I knew it would be a "must have". I absolutely love using it! It's been put away all Fall and Winter, even though I saw some absolutely fabulous seasonal cards that made me itch to get it out. 



Today's designs are gate fold cards which are always fun, especially with this set. The latches were purchased at Hobby Lobby because I am currently hoarding the two that were included in the kit. 






I mentioned in my last post that my cards have been inspired by the book "The Secret Garden" and these more so than the previous! It is such a wonderful story! I'm smitten with the cover as well and it has me thinking of ways to incorporate silhouette images paired with heat embossing.




The wrought iron portion at the top of the gate was heat embossed using silver embossing powder. The gate was then split in half so that it can be adhered to the gate fold card base using "Mint Julep" card stock. All of the florals and sign were die cut and stamped using a springy bouquet of colors. I have the coordinating papers, but I am currently hoarding those as well. (shhh...)






I did splurge and use a piece as 
the backdrop for the sentiment piece. The sentiment is from "New Every Morning" and has a lot of fun and inspirational quotes and scriptures. A few crystal clear sequins finish it off! Thanks for fluttering by! Follow me on Instagram @kellylunceford

1 comment:

katrynka said...

Secret Garden is one of my all time favorites! You crack me up with the "hoarding" comments! I got this kit also, I did order some latches from Amazon, but have not tried them out yet.