Sunday, February 19, 2017

"A new little someone" gift collection

This is one of those times when I realized I have shared on Instagram and forgotten to create a post here! Sometimes I am just too excited and it's easy to post a quick pic on Instagram! I created this gift collection (which you can see in it's entirety HERE) for a dear friend who just had her precious baby boy! I created the collection in late December/early January. 
 

The card was created using PTI's "Baby Button Bits" and I chose the colors based on the theme and feel of the gift collection. The new mama told me the nursery colors and general theme and then I got to work hoping that what I was creating would work for them. Thankfully she told me that it was perfect! Yay!





It's no secret that I love making felt baby booties for my collections and you can see how I have packaged them up. I like keeping the packaging cohesive with the card and other handstamped/papercrafted items.
All of these handmade goodies make me happy! I love creating and handcrafting things for babies! 




Here is a closeup of the felt booties. These were created using "Vintage Cream" wool felt from PTI and tan DMC floss. If you want any tips and tricks for creating these booties, leave me a comment and I will share some of my secrets! While they are easy, sometimes a few "snags" get in the way, but I am learning by trial and error some things that help to remedy the snags. You can also see the rag quilt in the background. I never would have put these three flannels together unless I was working on this collection and I really like how it turned out! Thanks for fluttering by! Follow me on Instagram @kellylunceford

No comments: