Saturday, June 11, 2016

The {wedded bliss} club

 Hello! I was super excited for some new goodies to arrive  in the mail this week. I really wanted to use this leaf garland and flower die.  I  found out that a sweet lady in my neighborhood wasn't feeling well, so I thought I would send her a little card to cheer her up. Once I was done, I set the card aside so I could mail it out. Well, Emma came home from dance and announced that one of her teachers was having a bridal shower at the studio the next day. Aack! I sat and looked at the card I had just made and thought how in the world could I make it into a bridal card..???...Hurray for super old SU! stamps that I just happened to use for the inside sentiment of my previous card. The "welcome to the wedded bliss club" sentiment was the perfect fit with the larger "Hello" that I had already embossed.




 I wanted to balance the blue color so I stamped the sentiment with versamark ink and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder to match the "Hello" onto Aqua Mist cardstock. You can also see that I added some white dots using a galaxy marker onto portions of the leaves.




 On this photo, you can see some of the flower centers a little better. I added some stamens to two of the flowers using some synthetic ones that I have had from Impress for YEARS. It is so nice to actually use some of the things I have been hoarding for such a long time.




After I had die cut the leaf garland, I thought the negative space looked like a monster. I cut two and let Rowan and Rhys decorate them with googlie eyes and pom poms. They had a lot of fun! Ha Ha!




I added a length of black baker's twine for the finishing touch. Emma's teacher thought it was adorable and asked if I had an Etsy shop where she could buy more cards. I guess I should look into that. Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Debra said...

Another beautiful card again Kelly .. you've really been busy lately! It's always a treat to see you in my inbox.

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a pretty card! I love these new dies from PTI!

katrynka said...

Very lovely!! I want to see the monsters!! LOL