Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Apple of my Eye!

 I really wanted to make something for my daughter's teacher at the beginning of the school year, but with moving and being preggo, I didn't get a chance. I redeemed myself by taking her a basket of goodies to her parent/teacher conference that we had last night.  She seemed really happy, especially with the box of tissue. I think I will have to send her more on a regular basis.


 The box is full of yummy chocolate...I am sure that is a must-have for most teachers to stay sane. We found out last night that her life is super stressful right now anyway. Chocolate always helps.  I made a simple card to just say thanks with a short message. I didn't want anything too long or drawn out, especially with Christmas coming up. I am sure I will want to write something longer then.  Of course, no gift basket would be complete without a tag.



 I was thrilled to use up some of this older SU! paper that I have been hanging on to. It is one of my favorite collections so I have been hoarding it, but I have SO much stuff that I have to start using it up.



You can see the basket all wrapped up in cellophane here.  I gave her some clorox wipes, tissue, hand sanitizer, gum, chocolate and a bottle of Bath and Body Works soap, Apple of course.  I had a lot of fun making this ensemble. I am hoping to have more time in the future to create.  In my new home, we have a big family room in the basement which is devoted to my craft space, kids play area and T.V. area. It is perfect so I can have the little ones playing while I am creating. NOw....if there were just more hours in the day. Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

So cute and thoughtful!! :)

harrahx2 said...

What a sweet idea! I love it.

Meghan said...

I'm a teacher and I would have been thrilled to receive this amazing basket in mid term!

Chris said...

Hi Kelly, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/