Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Non-traditional *sweet baby*

 Emma's dance teacher is having her first Grandbaby so some of the "dance moms" put together a baby shower at the studio.  I couldn't go, but I wanted to take a gift.  The expectant parents aren't super traditional, so I thought I would go non-traditional, but still cute and frilly. It coordinates with all of the baby gifts that you can check out here. The fabric that I used was originally patterns from basic grey's paper line, but they also printed it for fabric. I couldn't find the paper, so I went with some I picked up from Hobby Lobby a year or so ago. They still have it and I really enjoy using it. I never thought I would be using it for a baby card, though.
I rummaged through some of my old SU! stamp sets to find "Buggies and Booties" which worked well with theme.  I have always loved using this set.  I stamped it onto cream cardstock with black ink and then added a little bit of wheat Prismacolor marker to antique it a bit.
I folded doilies  and layered them for a more dramatic effect.  I aged all of the edges using Vintage Photo distress ink by Ranger. It is one of my go-to supplies.  Once I had the medallion done, I added an accordion medallion with a tiny bit of antique linen stickles.  Of course I had to add some rhinestones to keep up with the theme. In the end, it looked a little bridal, but I like it. I like working out of the box sometimes. It really stretches yourself.  I was bummed that I couldn't go to the shower, but I hope she liked everything.
Here are some photographs of the sweet little shoes that I made. I am seriously addicted. They are so fun to make!
Thanks for fluttering by! P.S. My mom and I are putting together a tea party for Emma on Saturday. I will share photos next week. I also need to share photos of Rhys's first birthday party. If you are friends with me on facebook, I am sure you have already seen them.

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Lovely card and the matching booties are beyond adorable!!! Love them :)

Anonymous said...

I just left a comment on the other site also. Love the card and want to know if you make the booties for sale! I love them.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful!! Love your non traditional colors and design!! The matching booties are adorable!!

Nancy Guse said...

Such a beautiful card and those shoes OH so adorable!!!

Julie Marshall said...

Your card is just gorgeous and the little shoes are just adorable. TFS.