Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas Matchbox

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! Unfortunately, I came down with the stomach flu Wednesday morning, so I stayed home while my family celebrated Thanksgiving. They all had a wonderful time, so I am happy. I would rather be sick than have one of them be sick. I just hung out all day and finished up some holiday projects.


It is nice to have little boxes and containers all ready to go and fill with goodies and gifts. I decided to make some little matchbox sliders to fill with candy, gift cards, or whatever. You never know when you are going to need to put together a quick gift, especially for Christmas. I have had this SU! Christmas paper since last year and thought I would put it to good use and make quite a few of these little boxes.
One of things I like about a matchbox slider, is that no one needs to un-tie the bows, etc. You can just leave it all alone and slide open the box to find the goodies. I always have people tell me that they hate to open the things I give them because they don't want to un-tie the bow and ruin it. This is the perfect solution. I will add some basket filler to the bottom of each one before it gets filled with anything else. I didn't have any on hand for the photograph. Once they are all done, I will photograph the whole lot and post it. If you would like instructions on how to make a similar box, not the same size, I put together a tutorial a while back that you can see here. Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. I will be back tomorrow with one of Jen's new SFYTT!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

So sorry to hear you will ill over Thanksgiving.

Beautiful matchbox.

ChristineCreations said...

So cute! I love that you can open the package too without wrecking the beautiful packaging!

Hope you're quickly on the mend Kelly!

Missy said...

So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Lovely boxes and what a great idea to get some goodies made for the last minute presents we usually have.