Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trick or Treat *Treats*


This will probably be my last "Halloweeny" post, since Halloween is in 2 days! I haven't really posted much to do with Halloween since I don't send out Halloween cards anymore. I used to send them out to the family each year, but I haven't for quite a while. I decided to be prepared and get the treats for my kid's teachers done early this year, so I sat down last week and put these "genie bags" together in a snap. I used the same paper and concept that I used on my SPOOKY banner; why reinvent the wheel?

I couldn't find any of the Jack-O-Lantern buttons that I used on my banner, so I picked up some pumpkin buttons and sponged a bit of black StazOn ink onto them to give them a more spooky feel. They looked to bright and well...pumpkiny before the treatment! LOL! I waited to photograph them until they were filled with fun and yummy treats. I have a habit of tying the bows on things to take the picture, and then I have to untie them to fill them up.


Also, I know I won't shut up about football, but our boys won again and are headed to the Mini-Bowl on Saturday!!!!! A team from our city hasn't competed in the Mini-Bowl for 15 years! We are so excited, yet nervous all at the same time. The team we will be playing hasn't lost a game this year, either, so we feel we are well matched and this will be our hardest competition!!! I decided to post a few pictures from last week's game. I haven't been posting many pictures of my son this year and I really am a proud Mama! Like I mentioned last week, the end of football has such a bittersweetness to it. I sat looking at his gear strewn around his room and actually felt sad that this would be the last week I would have to "deal" with it. I complain about it a lot, especially to him, but I really am really proud of the accomplishments he has made this season. It does take a lot of dedication, energy and time and I am really happy that he made the commitment this year.



GoThunder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. Thanks for all of your sweet comments about my baby and all of your advice. I really do appreciate it! My glucose test came back normal! Yay! Also, someone left a comment about how I adhered the micro-beads to my card on Saturday and it they fall off. No, they don't. I applied a thin layer of Martha Stewart liquid glue and then dipped the edges into the beads. Once the glue hardens, a few will fall off if they didn't get enough glue, but the ones that are in glue are stuck! Hope that helps!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

What a darling little treat box. Love how you decorated it - the teacher will be thrilled to get it :D

Don't worry about bragging about your son and his football. You deserve to be a proud mama :D They grow up waaaaay too quickly and it is important to treasure these wonderful times in your heart too! Sounds like they are having a stellar year - best of luck at the weekend game.

Jan Larson said...

Your treat bag is lovely! I love the way you combined the papers. The Halloween vintage look is a favorite of mine!

Valerie said...

FAB bag of Halloween treats!

Brag away, and best of luck in the Mini Bowl! How exciting!

Dee Dee said...

Love how you sponged the pumpkin. :)

Missy said...

Awesome bags. I am sure the teachers will love them.
Congrats to your son's team. That is awesome. Good luck on the big game.
congrats on the glucose test. I have to take mine any day now and I am sure I am going to fail. Yuck!!!

Shabby Horse said...

I love the little treat bags! Great job with the pumpkins too. You always amaze me with your creativity :)