Hello and welcome, friends! I'm happy to be here today with a fun
card using so many favorites from the latest release! I mentioned in one of my
countdown posts that I didn’t get a chance to use the Canned Lite Die and that
I would soon be remedying that! Well, today is the day! These little sardine
cans are just the cutest thing and I’m so thrilled I was able to use two on a
standard A2 card, with room to spare for other fun details!To begin, I cut a panel of China White cardstock (Cardstock
Warehouse) measuring 4 by 5 ¼ inches and embossed it using the beautiful Citrus Fields Embossing Folder. I adhered it to a top-folding A2 Vintage Cream card
base using foam squares for dimension. I set that aside and got to work on the
“olives”; this was achieved by using the Rosemary & Berry Die.I cut all of the sprigs from white cardstock and then
colored them with Mellow Moss (SU!) and Ripe Avocado ink. I used some Brushed
Corduroy Distress Oxide ink to color a scrap of white cardstock and then cut
the "olives” from that. I glued them onto the sprigs using liquid glue.Next, I had so much fun creating the little sardine cans
using the Canned Lite Die, Ciao Bella Borders Stamp Set, and the Something Fishy Stamp Set and Die. The sardines are cut from white and then I
added the color and shading using dye inks and blender brushes. The base of the
closed can is cut from Antique Gold cardstock (Cardstock Warehouse) and the
open can is cut from silver specialty cardstock. I love using metallic
cardstock for the cans and the aluminum details.
I used the Citrus Fields Die for the lemons and additional
foliage. I cut everything from white and then added the color with dye inks and
blender brushes. I had a few daisies leftover from my release projects, which
are cut using the Coastal Cuttings Die, so I added the pair for additional
details. The finishing touch is the La Dolce Vita sentiment from the Rolling Hills Bella Terra Additions Stamp Set. I had a lot of fun with this project and
I hope it gives you some additional inspiration for those of you who may be
diving into the new release! Thanks for fluttering by!
No comments:
Post a Comment