Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Papertrey Ink September Release Day 1

Hello friends! It's day 1 of the Papertrey Ink September release countdown! I have a fun Christmas project to share with you today, but please note, I will not be back for the rest of the countdown, but I will be sharing projects made with this release a bit later! My cute felt gingerbread gal was made using the new In Stitches: Gingerbread die. The die collection includes everything you need to make this girl version, but there is also some accessories to make a cute Santa or just a regular gingerbread boy!

To begin, I die cut the basic gingerbread shape twice from Classic Kraft Felt and then used DMC floss to stitch the two pieces together. I left an opening to add the stuffing, but if you want to stitch any of the additional pieces TO the gingerbread person, you will need to do that before you stitch the two pieces together. All of the accessories on my cute gingerbread gal are just glued down using liquid glue.

The ric rac icing trim and her smile were cut using Vintage Cream Felt. Please note, this trim does have holes that you can actually stitch it down, but I found that the felt was too delicate and would tear if I tried to remove the holes, so I just left them intact and just glued them down.

Her cute apron and bow were cut using Pure Poppy Felt. The heart, cheek blush, and peppermint swirl piece are all die cut from Sweet Blush Felt and the eyes from True Black Felt. When I was getting near the top, I was running out of floss, so it was the perfect time to create a loop to make her into an ornament or to attach to a package. I would definitely decide ahead of time what materials and strategy you will use to create a hanger if you are going to! I love how she turned out and I can't decide if she will be added to a package for someone else or if I will keep her to add to my kitchen tree with all of the other felt ornaments my mom made me a few years ago. She was so much fun to make and I hope to get some time before the holidays come roaring in to make a few more! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: