Friday, September 2, 2022

The Greetery T.G.I.F. {The Greetery Inspiration Friday} Floral Thanks


 Hello and welcome, friends! I'm sharing this project over on The Greetery Blog, but wanted to share it here, too! One of my favorite places to be, other than my crafting space, is in my yard/garden! I always enjoy picking out fun color combinations for my planters and pots throughout my yard; this year I put some together just like the flowers on today’s card! My morning watering session was the color inspiration for this design using the recently released Floral Arches Stamp/Stencil Set!

You may have noticed that I was absent from the last release, but I was inspired by a card that Betsy made for the release and couldn’t wait to try it in this color combo! To begin, I used the Floral Arches Stencil set to create the floral portion using Stampin’ Up ink. I get a lot of questions about the ink colors that I use, so I thought I’d save some time and let you know now! Ha ha! The greens are: Celery, Artichoke, and Garden Green; the flowers are Eggplant, Saffron, Mustard, Coral, and Rust.

I used the coordinating Floral Arches Die to die cut the stenciled portion and the sentiment arch, and the extra flower pieces used to frame the “thank you” sentiment. I used the A2 Arches Die to create a mask so that I could add some soft ink inside the arch. I used the Floral Arches Stencil set to add the ink inside the larger arch.

I was in need of a thank you card so I chose to stamp the sentiments using the Arched Sentiments stamp set. The arched portion is stamped in Rust and then the “thank you” portion is stamped in black and die cut using the Arched Sentiments Die. I’m so in love with this suite of products and can’t wait to make a card set using each of the included sentiments!

The background was created using the new Elegant Arches Stamp Set  using Eggplant ink on Royal Velvet cardstock. I layered the stenciled portion using foam squares and then added even more dimension by popping up the arch as well. I simply added ink to the tiny leaves and flowers using blender brushes and the same ink I used to stamp everything. I used my stylus and foam pad to curl the petals to make them look more dimensional. I used this same technique on a strawberry card I made back in May and loved the results!

I added them here and there using liquid glue. I added glitter to both the die cut flowers and the stenciled portion for some sparkle and shine! The entire card panel is layered onto an A2 card base using liquid glue! 

This particular color combo gives a nod to the changing season and I really like how it turned out! Thanks for fluttering by!




2 comments:

Cindy H. said...

So, so gorgeous! Love it!

Becky Green said...

Kelly, your house MUST POP on the street! WHAT A GORGEOUS COLOR COMBO! I too have all of my SU Inks & there they sit, but with your inspiration, I ordered sponge daubers & brushes to get back to using them again! ;) A SUPER JOB on your card! I think you've inspired me to get to my Craft Desk today too! ;) GORGEOUS WORK DEAR LADY!!! THANK YOU for the inspiration!!! P.S. Yes, I did miss you last release! HOPE ALL IS WELL! ;)<3