Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Reverse Confetti July Blog Hop


Hello and welcome! I hope you're all having a fabulous week so far! I'm thrilled to be hopping along with  Reverse Confetti for their July new release Blog Hop! I'm sharing two cards with you today along with the hop list at the end of this post! First up is my card using the gorgeous new Stained Glass Butterflies stamp set! This sentiment was made for me!
These big, bold images are so much fun to work with and are so easy to use to create something that pops! I stamped all of the images in black ink and then colored them with Copic markers. I chose bold, bright colors to match the bold images! I added some black and white detail to the butterfly images for extra detail.

Once I had everything colored, I used the Stained Glass Butterflies Confetti Cuts to die cut the images. I set them aside to work on the background and a few other design elements. When I planned this card, I knew I wanted to use the leaves and foliage to create a wreath so I die cut the circle from the Square and Circle Frame Confetti Cuts to use as a guide to arrange the leaves. I got an idea of the placement and then added the sentiment before I glued anything down. Once that was done, I added the two different leaves alternating between the two varieties.

Once the leaves were in place using foam squares, I added the two butterflies in opposite corners. I love what a big impact these butterflies create on this card. Once the butterflies were in place, I filled in the wreath using the different flowers.

I also added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to certain portions of the wings and the centers of the flowers. Once that was done, I added some Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter. I just the sparkle and shine this adds to the design!

The background is die cut using the fun Stitched Scallops Cover Panel and adhered to a black card base using a tape runner. The black card base really grounds the design and adds continuity with the stamped images.

Once the background was done, I added the wreath portion using foam squares for even more dimension. I added a few sparkling clear sequins here and there for added detail and shine!

My second project for today uses the new Best Sentiments stamp set paired with the new Multi Step Cacti stamp set. The new Three Tags Confetti Cuts are the perfect size and shape for the new sentiments! I decided to use the tag to mimic a shelf to hold all of these fabulous cacti!

To begin this card, I did some ink smooshing onto a panel of watercolor paper using teals and greens. I also added some additional ink splatter to create even more depth and visual movement to the panel. I set it aside to dry and then worked on the fun cacti and pots!

I used my mini MISTI to stamp all of the different images I planned to use on this design. The two pots on top are also colored using Copic markers to give them a terracotta appearance.

The bottom pot is left white with just a hint of grey and then I added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top to give it a ceramic look. The flowers are also colored with Copic markers even though there is a solid second step stamp for each of the blooms.

The "I CARE here for you always" sentiment is stamped in black onto  the die cut tag. I actually die cut two tags and glued them together to create a sturdier piece. I also added a bow of jute twine for added texture and detail.

I die cut the images using the Multi Step Cacti Confetti Cuts and then added them to the dry inky background using foam squares. The tag went on first and then I added the different pots and cacti to create the scene.

I added the entire panel to a teal card base using foam squares to the left hand side of the card. Both of these designs were so much fun to create! Here is the list of the other amazing designers on the hop! Thanks for fluttering by!
Kelly Lunceford (you are here)


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh Kelly, I simply ADORE your style. These cards are AMAZING.

vickie said...

Such beautiful creations! Love them both.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Wow Kelly, your butterfly card is gorgeous! Never thought to make a wreath design using butterflies but your’s is so bold and pretty! I love your sentiment tag in the second card too! You make the prettiest summer cards! 😊💖

Melanie said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, but I just love the butterfly one so much! Love that stamp set too!

Susie Province said...

Oh...so very pretty. Thank you and God bless.