Thursday, February 13, 2020

Ink to Paper February Release Day 3

YOU are one of my favorite peeps! Welcome to day 3 of the Ink to Paper February release countdown! I'm sharing 2 Easter cards with you today using some fun and beautiful new stamps and dies! First up is this fun card using the sweet new set called Love My Peeps! This is so much fun and I haven't even scratched the surface of its possibilities! Never enough hours in the day, am I right? Don't fret because I know I will be pulling it out again soon!

The team is also showcasing a fun new border set called Border Bling: Skinny Stitched Frame Dies. When I saw that these two products were being showcased together, I knew where I would draw my inspiration! I had pinned THIS cute home decor piece and it was absolutely perfect for today's design! I feel like I totally cheated, though, because it is so literal, but it all just worked out so well! LOL!

To begin, I stamped the Rustic Brick Background onto a panel of Soft Stone cardstock using Soft Stone ink for a tone on tone look. I stamped the  "you're one of my favorite PEEPS" sentiment in white onto a black piece of cardstock and added the Kraft die cut frame over the top to mimic the look of the chalkboard in the inspiration photo.

I had some stamped leaves that were leftovers from another day and they worked perfectly to add around the frame. The Peeps are stamped in Lovely Lady, Mint Julep, and Spring Rain ink and then die cut with the coordinating Love My Peeps die collection. The bows are also from the die collection and they look so cute added to the ear and neck of the two bunnies.

There are quite a few different options on how to stamp your peeps; small, large like this, or one with lines to make it look 3D. I can't wait to give that one a try! I added a few sparkling clear sequins for some added detail and shine.

Switching gears here from a secular view on Easter to a religious view! I kept this card simple in design to let the beautiful floral cross stand out with the amazing sentiments. 

For this card, I die cut the white cross twice and glued it together to create a weightier piece. I stamped the flowers and foliage and then added the "Alleluia" sentiment in black. All of the sentiments in this set fit perfectly in this portion of the image. 

The floral cross is added to the straight cross die cut using foam squares. I wanted just a hint of Kraft to show behind the floral cross. I also stamped another sentiment at the bottom of the top folding A2 card base using black ink and my mini MISTI for alignment.
Here's a little peek at the inside of the card. It uses the new To Die For Sentiments: Happy Easter with few of the blooms left over from a previous design! Join me again for the 4th and final day of the February release countdown! I have LOTS to share! Thanks for fluttering by!


3 comments:

Shelly said...

WOW, Kelly! The lilies are stunning! I loved absolutely every single card!

Martha Herrera said...

Those peeps are the most cutest Easter stamp I've seen in a long time!
I'm definitely getting them. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathy Mc said...

Three great cards, Kelly! I honestly don’t know how you find enough hours in your day just to create , write detailed blog posts and IG posts. I can’t find time to comment everywhere. 😉