Tuesday, August 27, 2019

I could just SQUEEZE you!

Hi friends! I'm just popping in today to share a few cards I made using the Lemon Blossom stamp set from The Greetery. I wanted to use the "happy summer birthday" sentiment before Summer disappears! I will pop this one in the mail ASAP to the next birthday gal on my list! I also wanted to use the "I could just squeeze you" sentiment as well. I haven't sat down and made anything "just because" in a LONG time, so I was happy to get to just stamp away creating all of the bits and pieces for these two cards!


To begin, I die cut everything using the Lemon Blossom Die collection a few times; I wanted to have a lot of pieces to choose from. Once they were all die cut, I used my mini MISTI to get everything stamped quickly. The citrus slice image is a two step stamp. Betsy has included a little tab on the edge of the stamp so that you know which way to line them up. I actually just layered the second step directly over the first step stamp and lined up the tabs that way. Because it was in my MISTI, I was able to just stamp the 2nd step very easily.

I love how the bright pink centers of the blossoms really make the flowers come alive! I love the attention to detail that Betsy puts into everything that she does!

Once the pieces were all stamped, I set them aside and got to work on the blended panels. I cut two pieces of Fresh Snow Linen Cardstock at 4 by 5 1/4 inches and then blended in some Hawaiian Shores ink using the Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes

I smooshed my Hawaiian Shores ink pad onto an acrylic block and added some water so that I could add some ink flecks to the blended panel. Once that was done, I added the different sentiments using black ink. I added the die cut pieces here and there and then spritzed the entire piece with Shimmer Spray. I added some clear Nuvo drops to the the lemons and slices for some juicy shine. The finishing touch is a few sparkling clear sequins. I added each panel to a standard A2 cardbase using foam squares. I had a lot of fun on these two cards! Thanks for fluttering by!


8 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous cards! Just looking at those luscious lemons makes me pucker :)

~amy~ said...

oh how SWEET, that set is now on my wish list!

Conniecrafter said...

so sweet, love the sentiments with them

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, my dear! You're so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! I love the sentiments too!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Better Nate than lever. That’s what we say in my family because my son’s name is Nate. Hehe. Your card is beautiful! I fell in love, love, love with Betsy’s lemon designs & have made several cards using them already. I’m so in love with your blending, it’s always flawless and gorgeous. Nice to “see” you too! 😊❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Stephanie! You're so sweet!