Wednesday, July 18, 2018

SugarPea Designs Mix it Up Challenge #45

I have two cards to share with you today using this month's SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge!I've included the rules for the challenge below,  but you can read all about it HERE
 I had so much fun creating this card and the second one is a quick and easy design! I LOVE the inspiration photo for this month's challenge and it lends itself perfectly for a fun red, white, and blue card!
 
I love the Lantern SugarCut and thought it would be a fun starting point for this card. Usually I have some sort of an idea in mind before I begin a design, but for this card, I just decided to sit down and have fun seeing where it took me. I die cut the lantern four times from red paper and glued it together using liquid glue. I like how sturdy it makes the piece and gives it extra dimension. The grey pieces are only die cut once and just glued to the top layer. 

The "so happy for you" sentiment is stamped in the middle of the white rectangle using both black and grey ink. I love the Sweet Sentiments: You stamp set because of all of the versatile sentiments. The stars are also included and I stamped each of the three sizes in either red or blue.

I also added in a few sparkling clear sequins for some added sparkle and shine. I layered this entire piece onto a grey piece of cardstock that has been cut using the Postage Stamp SugarCut

I used this awesome striped paper from the Sugar and Spice paper pad. It actually had a row of men's neckties in the center, but the lantern piece covered that up nicely and left me with the perfect backdrop for my card. I also added some machine stitching around the edge of the card for some extra detail.
This second card is simple and fun using just a few supplies.
As usual, I like to use both sides of the challenge, but I think you could say I took a liberal approach this month. I actually didn't even try using the sketch for the first card...I just had fun seeing where it took me. I really love the colors in the inspiration photo, as well as many of the little details such as the bowl and the sprinkles. I thought that by using the Large Striped Coverplate I could mimic the look of the bowl. I die cut it using red cardstock and layered it onto a Rustic White cardstock base using liquid glue.

The sentiment, which is from the Parisian Holiday stamp set, is heat embossed in white onto a black sentiment strip.  I just adore this little croissant and have used him quite a bit. His trio of balloons were beckoning me because I knew that I could make them red, white, and blue, just like the french flag. This little guy is from the Ooh La La stamp set and is colored using Copic Markers. It is die cut using the coordinating Ooh La La sugarcuts. The balloons have a coating of crystal glaze and just a few sprinkles of iridescent chunky glitter, because I just can't  help myself!

As I mentioned earlier, this card is VERY simple, but adding in all of the rainbow sparkle gems really makes is sparkle and shine and adds in some of those fun sprinkle colors. Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: