Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The ocean in a drop!

It's been a while since I've shared a mermaid card and I have just been DYING to post this one! LOL! I made this last week but I resisted posting it so I didn't "over-mermaid"! I want all the cards to be mermaid cards! Ha ha! I am absolutely smitten with the Mermaid's Tail stamp set and coordinating dies.
Actually, it all started when I found my missing polka dot stencil from American Crafts. I've not used it in over a year, so I decided to get to work creating a polka dot background using Broken China Distress Oxide Ink and a spritz or two of Shimmer Spray on the backside of the stencil. Wow! What a bubbly, shimmery background it made! It was perfect to add this fabulous Mermaid's tail! 
I heat embossed the tail image onto a piece of Cool Caribbean cardstock using Nuvo Shimmering Pearl embossing powder. It was the perfect amount of shine for this card! I die cut it and then added it to the bubbly background using foam squares. I saw a fabulous card on Instagram from Jessica at All the Sparkle and I LOVED how she created the bubbles using sequins. While mine don't look like hers, she definitely inspired me so I wanted to give her a shout out! I used the Mermaid Mix Sequins as well as a few rain drop embellishments. I just couldn't resist and added a few more Nuvo drops here and there! The sentiment was stamped in black and then I added one rain drop to the center of the "o" in drop! It actually magnifies the "o" in a cool way! I'll be sharing a new card for The Challenge tomorrow so stay tuned! Thanks for fluttering by!


3 comments:

Debra said...

Ohhhhh I love this card! I haven't seen the stamp set so thank goodness you included the link. I might have to pick that one up, as I've heard that sentiment before that you put on your card. I bet this really shimmers IRL as I can get just a glimmer of it here. Turned out to be a great card! Looking back at your previous post for Christmas gifts - aren't you ever so busy! Something I was thinking about doing also, as Christmas comes awfully fast and it's nice to have some of the tags, gift cards, and treats already made and tucked away ready to use. Nice ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning...love all those sequins and beads!

Anonymous said...

Love the card! Would like to know what the stamp set you used please, I realize it’s been sometime ago. Still great for today! Please list for all of us to see!