Sunday, March 19, 2017

Birthday hugs and wishes

Popping in with a quick hello to share a birthday card I worked on yesterday! I've been working on a fun event for my church that will be taking place on Tuesday so I've been preoccupied with that. I decided to switch gears and get a birthday card made for a friend that will be celebrating next week!
The design was inspired by the gift sack that her gift will go in. You all know how much I love everything to coordinate. It is also a wonderful place to start if you're in a design rut, like I've been feeling lately. I've been so focused on this one event, I haven't let my mind deviate from that course. I decided to completely clean everything up and start fresh. I had a lot of fun creating all of the flowers. They were all cut from MFT dies and then assembled using hot glue. The card base was stamped using grey ink and PTI's polka dot basics set. The flowers were clustered onto a tag sale diecut tag from Mint Julep cardstock. I added so many flowers, it's a little difficult to tell it actually is a tag! LOL! I added a few buttons to the center of the flowers and some baker's twine to the top of the tag. A few Crystal clear sequins finish it up as well as a birthday sentiment from PTI!  Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. stay tuned for the details from my event as well as my next "Keeping Christmas" installment coming up on the 25th.

No comments: