Monday, June 1, 2015

{Thanks} for making me smile!

 My daughter asked me why I keep making cards if I don't have anyone to give them to. I laughed and told her that every card I have made for the last year or more has had a recipient. It just seems like lately I have been needing quite a few. This particular card is a thank you for my sister. She gave me the cutest Mother's Day card and this was inspired by it. It was done in navy, pink and gold and was absolutely adorable. I wanted to thank her for the Mother's Day gift as well as all of the Easter goodies she gave my family.
 I used the new "Bitty Bouquets" set from PTI for the focal image as well as the coordinating dies. The "thanks" die cut is one I picked up at Hobby Lobby. The "for making me smile" portion is from an old SU! set and worked out perfectly for this design.  The images were stamped in navy and pink passion and then a few of the flower centers have a tiny dot of gold stickles. The "Thanks" die cut was cut out of an adhesive foam sheet. I sprinkled gold glitter over the top for some high shine.  The rest of the sentiment was heat embossed with gold embossing powder.
A few gold sprinkles finish it off! Sweet and Simple! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: