Monday, May 12, 2014

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

 Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend and an enjoyable Mother's Day! I know I did! I don't think I changed a single diaper!  My cute kids made me some fun stuff and my husband got me just what I wanted! I always get spoiled at my mom's house and my In-law's house, so after all of that kindness, I thought some thanks were in order! I quickly cleaned off my desk from the Mother's Day projects I was working on and looked at this week's Mojo Monday sketch. It was perfect because while I was cleaning up I spied this cute kite image (that I have never used) and really wanted to use it. Once I saw the sketch, I could envision exactly how I wanted it!





 I wanted something fresh and springy so I used an old pattern paper pad from SU! with all of these fun papers with the exception of the green. That was a scrap left over from my other projects. Since I was making four, I got into "mass production" mode which turns out is so much tidier and controlled for me. I don't have near the mess I usually have.






The kite was stamped with Pure Poppy ink, cut and then I adhered the kite string with clear tape on the back. I also wanted the string to come directly from the point of the kite, so I dabbed a little Tombow Mono multi glue to keep it down. I also added some glossy accents to the kite for some shine.





 I manipulated the string in the pattern that I liked and then tacked it down with the two ribbons and once where the string intersects on the loop. Hopefully that will keep it where it needs to be. I also diecut some felt ric-rac and stitched it down with my sewing machine. I really love little details like that.



On the inside, I chose to use a cheery sentiment; Thank you just didn't seem like enough.  I really had a lot of fun making these cards and hopefully they will bring some sunshine into the lives of those who get them! Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. You may have noticed that I have been doing a ton more blogging than usual. I won't be doing it every day like I did during Teacher Appreciation Week, but you can expect to see me pop in twice a week or so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, yeah, I have noticed and I am loving it! Cute cards!

Bernadette Bliss said...

Absolutely adorable!

Marisa said...

FABULOUS take on the Mojo sketch!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are ADORABLE, Kelly! Love that loopy kite string.