Friday, November 5, 2010

Super Late *SFYTT*

I am sure you all have wondered if I have dropped off the face of the earth! I really didn't mean to be away so long, but time has a way of slipping by rather quickly these days! Halloween is over and that means my son's Halloween party is over and life is returning back to normal....or at least as normal as it gets around here! In my last post, I promised my SFYTT card, which never quite made it in a timely fashion. I had actually made a 3-D item using the sketch, but since I just posted a box, I decided to make something different altogether!

One of the gals in the neighborhood is finally getting a baby! I couldn't be more thrilled for her as she has waited years for a baby! The birth mother is due any day now and so I thought I would get a jump start on things and buy her gift and get a card made. I used the sketch from October 30th, so it is not this week's! I hope that makes sense. I am behind and as for now, I am sitting out on the SFYTT!







I colored the top of the cupcake with copic markers and then added tinsel glitter from Martha Stewart. the cupcake liner was paper pieced using the same polka dotted paper that I used on the card. I added some liquid pearls to each of the polka dots for some dimension. The "baby" panel on the side was not included in the original sketch, but for some reason the top of the card seemed too naked for me.

I am hoping to make a few "handmade" items for her as well. If I get to those, I will post them. Life is getting a little crazier as baby Rowan is crawling all over the place and getting into anything and everything he can get his hands on....or mouth! Ughh! LOL! Thanks for fluttering by and thanks for sticking with me even through my serious times of flakiness and tardiness!

3 comments:

Missy said...

This is a gorgeous card. I seriously just need to write down all the PP you use and go buy all of it. :)
No worries on being late. We all have families and know how life can get away. I am behind as well. I have a little guy just younger than yours so I know all too well what you are going through.

Deborah Saaranen said...

Really fresh and pretty Kelly! Love it...no matter how late--we all have those times where life becomes more important than stamping...no, really!!! LOL~~~!

MacKenzie said...

Beautiful job. What a fun occasion to make a card for!