Wednesday, June 16, 2010

From the bottom of my {Heart}!

Our Principal and Assistant Principal will be leaving our school at the end of the school year. I have really had a lot of fun working with both of them as I have volunteered with the PTA and in the kid's classes. I was in charge of getting the going away gifts, so I volunteered to make the cards to go along with them. Who would have guessed? LOL! Anway, I was short on time so I kept things super simple, but really wanted to add this quote that I found the other day.

I computer generated the sentiment and printed it out onto white cardstock. Then I carefully die-cut it using Nestabilities. The heart is from this stamp set and coordinating punch. That is the only stamping that this card has! I really wanted to try and stamp a smaller heart over the large word "heart" on the sentiment, but I couldn't chance it not looking right and having to start all over. I will have to try it again sometime. I actually have two extra quotes printed out, but I had spaced things incorrectly when I was printing them, so I couldn't use the nestablities using only one sheet of paper. Thus, I have two extras and I can play around with those

The cards are almost identical. I used two different backgrounds using paper from Pink Patterns. I added some ribbon and buttons and called it good! They were a hit. The assistant principal said that I should *go into business*! I guess even the simplest of cards are sure to impress! I am off to create dinner! Thanks for fluttering by!

11 comments:

Whimsey said...

They are amazing - LOVE the quote sooo much!!! Fabulous creations!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are so sweet Kelly, LOVE that quote!!

Marisa said...

Fabulous sentiment and card!

Allison said...

Beautiful cards! Love the colours and layout!

papertrails leaver said...

I agree with the Asst. Principal! You should start your own business. Your cards are always amazing!

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful! LOVE the colors, papers and heart! :)

Eveline said...

Beautiful cards.
Eveline.

Unknown said...

Fantastic card! Keep up the great work. :)

Marta Fosco said...

Beautiful card Kelly - love the way you created the sentiment on the computer.

Jessie/knightrone said...

AWESOME!! I love this, and that sentiment is perfect!!

said...

Do you make/sell custom banners? You do such a beautiful job!