Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sprinkle each day with kindness *SFYTT*

Last Spring Julee asked me to be a guest designer for Verve Stamps and I couldn't have been more delighted. I recieved some fabulous stamps that I have enjoyed using. I thought it was high time that they saw some ink, especially since they are perfect for spring. These tulips are so fun to color and I especially love cutting them and popping them up for dimension.





This year Easter has sort-of snuck up on me. I haven't created a single Easter card and it looks like it is going to stay that way seeing that Easter is tomorrow. I decided to go with a spring theme and use one of my favorite sentiments of all time. The focal image is from the Verve set called Miracles Blossom, which is on sale I noticed! Yay!







Before I began coloring the images, I thought I should pick the papers I would be using. I decided to use my untouched Pretty Pastels pattern paper. I was thrilled at how well it worked out because I had the matching Copic Markers. I wasn't sure if all of those prints were made to go together, but I thought that they looked nice together so I went with it.

I finished the design off with a few buttons and some Lavender Moon ribbon.

Well...my kids are seriously hungry and so am I, so I better get them fed! I will be back to check out what my Sisters have created!


Here is this week's fabulous sketch!
You won't want to miss the other designers!

Jen Del Muro and New April Guest Designer
Amy Rohl
Susan Liles
Amy Sheffer ,
Leigh O' Brien,
Jenn Diercks,
Amber Hight
Megan Lock
and new SFYTT sister Sony! Welcome! I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks for fluttering by!

16 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Such a pretty card! Love the soft colors and the tulips.

Julie Marshall said...

Fabulous color combo...Love it! It just yells Spring. TFS!

Melody said...

Very Pretty! Love the colors!

Jen Carter said...

This is beautiful! Love it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Kelly! Love it!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love the colors and the image. Great job with the sketch. This card gave me a little smile when I saw it so I wanted to tell you I love it.

Diane Jaquay said...

Absolutely LOVELY!!!

Amy Rohl said...

Super adorable, Kelly! I wondered how I could incorporate ribbon into this sketch, and you hit the nail on the head! Love your coloring the papers, too!

Amber Hight said...

Oh Kelly this is SO beautiful! I love those colors and your coloring on the flowers:) LOVE this!

Cynthia M said...

Oh Wow Kelly! You have been busy! Your Easter and spring banner looks like it belongs in a boutique but I know it is in your home by the way you decorate!! Wahoo...just perfect!!! Love your card too....you have such an eye for putting different colors and DP together...you're the best!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

Hi Kelly - thank you so very much for the warm welcome!! I just adore your card!! The colors are so perfectly spring-y and I love how you colored the tulips!!! Beautiful!!

Amy Sheffer said...

GORGEOUS, Kelly! Such a beautiful, fresh, Spring look!

Megan said...

This is so soft and pretty--perfect for Easter!

Missy said...

Great job, as always.
I am with you on Easter. I am blaming it on the fact that I have a new little one. Might as well, right?

Marisa said...

Great card!

Allison said...

So beautiful! Love the spring colours!