Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Another Baby Project


I am winding down on the baby projects for my SIL's baby gift ensemble. I only have one more project that I really want to get done and I will share it when it is finished. I have also commissioned my Mom to make a project for me, which she graciously agreed to. Thanks, Mom! You are the best! My talents only go so far and then I have to ask for help! LOL!


I love making handmade bibs to give as gifts to friends and family when they are expecting.You can see the completed bib that I made for my SIL here.


I usually only make girl bibs, but have made a few boy ones as well. I am sure I will be getting the bug to make some boy ones here in the next week or two. I have a few other sewing projects for my baby that I would like to get done before any bibs. Of course, I needed to make a cute package to wrap it up in, so I got to work.


This box is one that is meant for A-2 cards that I have used over the years, but many a bib has been packaged up in it as well. It is the perfect size and super easy to make. I decided to create a belly-band to go around the box as to not disturb the embellishments. I simply sewed some ric-rac around the paper, added some pattern paper, a bow and the circle embellishment. The tag is adhered using a Making Memories safety pin, which I love to use on baby projects.

Like I mentioned earlier, I am almost done with the baby projects, so you won't be seeing the same colors, stamps, etc. for too much longer! LOL!

Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous little box :D Love the bib you made too :D

Amy Rohl said...

Absolutely adorable, Kelly! You're getting me in the mood to make baby gifts!

susan said...

did you make the box? looking for a way to package A2 cards. love all the baby stuff.

Tracy Y said...

Visiting your blogs is such a crafting pleasure! Your fabric and cardstock projects are awesome!!!!! Thank you for the inspiration. BTW Because I'm nosy... What project did you commission from your mom?