Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mojo Cupcakes

Thank you so much for all of your positive response to yesterday's post. I will *definitely* be posting a tutorial! I decided that since it was already Thursday and I haven't even done this week's Mojo Monday Sketch, that I had better get on it! I also combined it with today's WT challenge over at SCS. That one was easy peasy; use stripes! It seems like I always use stripes so it wasn't hard at all! It also worked nicely with the cupcake wrapper on the cupcake image. Also, the cupcake frosting looks like it is floating above the base because of the angle I took the photo. In real life it looks just right! LOL!

I fell in love with this set called "Cupcake Affair" from Verve. As I popped over to get the link, I noticed that they are having a sale! Woohoo! The thing I love about this set is that the cupcakes have line art and bold images, so if you feel like coloring you can, but if not you can just use the solid image! Very cute set! I also really like the sentiment. You can use if for a birthday or just to cheer someone up!






I paired the image with some paper from My Mind's Eye. I thought the colors were perfect for a cupcake card. I also added some Diamond Stickles to the cupcake frosting, flowers and edges of the card. I thought the card needed a little something more, so I added a button duo threaded with linen thread and attached with glue dots! The sentiment was punched using the large oval punch from SU! I sponged all of the edges of the white cardstock with Antique Linen Distress Ink for a soft look. Thanks for fluttering by!


Stamps: Cupcake Affair by Verve Stamps

Ink: Palette Noir, Antique Linen distress ink by Ranger, Copic and Prismacolor markers

Paper: My Mind's Eye, PTI White

Accessories: Linen Thread, Buttons from my stash, nestabilities dies, large oval punch, sponge, diamond stickles, ribbon by offray

7 comments:

Melody said...

Really pretty. Love the paper, buttons, and layout.

Denise said...

So pretty! Love the pretty soft colors~ great job on both challeges!!

Dawn Easton said...

Just beautiful Kelly! I love that set too and haven't inked it up in ages...must do that soon! The sentiment is definitely a fave of mine!!
I'll have to look for some of that distressing ink so I can try your cool edge look! I LOVE that! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!!

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty! I just love this cupcake set and don't know why I don't own it! Great Mojo card!

Anonymous said...

I always love your use of designer paper. Maybe we need some instructions on how you match so many great patterns! I know I could use some.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just scrumptious, Kelly! Thanks for playing! :)