Hello and welcome to this week's Ink to Paper Transformation Tuesday! I'm sharing two cards with you today with a twist on the original design! I always love the Transformation Tuesday post because it gives me a chance to revisit a past project; in this case, my card from the latest release using Dandelion Wishes stamp set. While I liked my original card "okay", I found it very hard to photograph and it felt washed out. I also used a heavy hand with the Nuvo drops (ha ha), which were super fun to add, but in the end I felt I'd gone overboard.
Here is my original card. I was really hoping to achieve a soft, airy feeling like a real dandelion with the emboss resist technique. I also wanted to keep the sentiment airy as well, but in the end, I feel like it got a little lost and didn't "ground" the card. I really wanted the Nuvo drops to mimic the dandelion seeds floating away, but I think I got a little "carried away" instead! LOL!
The effect from the emboss resist technique on the dandelions was what I was hoping for, so I kept that element and detail the same, but I added some crystal rhinestones to the centers rather than sequins so as to not overwhelm the look. I did add some Nuvo drops, but just used some restraint this time! LOL!
To begin both designs, I chose some Bitty Big: Green Parakeet pattern paper to use as the background. I had used the Harvest Gold in my original design and it just felt too yellow. I really like the bright, happy, retro feel that this paper gives the cards. Each panel is die cut using the Nesting Basics Pierced Rectangles die to give it some added detail.
For this card, I used the Geometrix Hexagon die for the middle portion.I stamped the word "wish" at the bottom using black ink. The "make a" portion is heat embossed in white onto a black strip of cardstock. I attached it directly above the "wish" with foam squares. From there, I got to work adding the dandelions and stems. The stems are attached using a 2 way glue pen. This adhesive works well for these narrow die cuts. I also spritzed some turquoise ink across the white panel for contrast and detail.
This one is very close to the original, but I swapped the sentiment which is from the Dandelion Wishes sentiments stamp set and is heat embossed onto one of the banners from the Banner Builder: Basic Die. These are going to be well loved,I can tell! I used the Geometrix oval die just as I did in the original and sponged some blue ink around the edges for the soft feel I was hoping for. I only added a few Nuvo drops as I mentioned earlier, which looks so much better! I had so much fun reworking my original card! Thanks for fluttering by!